Breakaway S3 Floor Plan

SuiteCruiser

Has anyone managed to see a floor plan for the S3? It's crazy to me that the ship is loaded up with crew and officially doing its' first cruise in 2 weeks and no one seems to know what the cabin looks like.

I'm currently booked in one, but may move if I don't like what I see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone managed to see a floor plan for the S3? It's crazy to me that the ship is loaded up with crew and officially doing its' first cruise in 2 weeks and no one seems to know what the cabin looks like.

I'm currently booked in one, but may move if I don't like what I see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This was some discussion recently, but no, haven't seen the layout yet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772378

For my own curiosity - why does the floor plan make a difference in whether you keep the cabin or not?

I am just trying to figure out what different people are looking for when booking different cabins, etc.

I am more bothered there is no Ocean Blue menu. Maybe the ship just likes to try and keep somethings secret until they have customers on it.

For my own curiosity - why does the floor plan make a difference in whether you keep the cabin or not?

I am just trying to figure out what different people are looking for when booking different cabins, etc.

I am more bothered there is no Ocean Blue menu. Maybe the ship just likes to try and keep somethings secret until they have customers on it.

For me, I won't book a suite unless it has a bedroom and living room separated by a wall. NCL uses vague terminology like "separate living area", etc, where its not really clear that there is a wall between two separate rooms. Seeing the cabin floor plan makes the situation much more clear. Other things, like a dining table, etc, are apparent in a floor plan or photo. For the Breakaway, NCL has been very unclear in their descriptions of some suites, or provide descriptions that contradict what appears in photos taken of the actual ship now that its almost finished. One example are the Forward Facing Suites, that clearly stated "forward facing balconies" - when in reality there are none of these balconies..

OTOH, I could care less about the menus. I have made reservations for two nights in Ocean Blu, knowing that I will find more than one item on the menu that I want!! :D

Robin

To say I am frustrated by how poorly Ncl has handled the release of information would be an understatement. Very unprofessional to miss represent and sell false descriptions of cabins. They clearly know about the problem with the S7 because many people on other threads and myself have contacted them about it. ( has no forward balcony and the s7 on deck 13 is actually a hull balcony), yet they have not done anything to change it.

Very disappointed NCL !!!!

For me, I won't book a suite unless it has a bedroom and living room separated by a wall. NCL uses vague terminology like "separate living area", etc, where its not really clear that there is a wall between two separate rooms. Seeing the cabin floor plan makes the situation much more clear. Other things, like a dining table, etc, are apparent in a floor plan or photo. For the Breakaway, NCL has been very unclear in their descriptions of some suites, or provide descriptions that contradict what appears in photos taken of the actual ship now that its almost finished. One example are the Forward Facing Suites, that clearly stated "forward facing balconies" - when in reality there are none of these balconies..

OTOH, I could care less about the menus. I have made reservations for two nights in Ocean Blu, knowing that I will find more than one item on the menu that I want!! :D

Robin

I see, I just wondered, though I could never afford the higher suites, but I have looked at some of the suites on the other ships. Never really thought about the layout, etc. I guess I just like the larger space, but don't really need any kind of separation. Though I suppose with say the 2br suites the layout on those might make more sense.

I would say the problems with the descriptions of the forward facing balconies, is a bad error. Though I was able to figure out no balconies when looking at the drawings, etc. I had wondered why they would have made the decision to take away those forward balconies. I thought they were great, really don't understand the logic behind removing them. A forward penthouse was the only suite I have ever had and the view was spectacular.

Robin

Exactly, Robin. The other issue is that we're travelling with a group of 7, 5 are in a two bedroom suite and I was hoping there would be a large enough living/dining room space for all of us to hang out in the S3. The living/dining area in the two bedroom is pretty small for 7 people.

My kids are staying in the 2 bedroom so they can "babysit" their 11 year old cousin at night, so we also want the separation because we want our kids to have a key to our suite and be able to come and go as they please, but we want some privacy at the same time.

To say I am frustrated by how poorly Ncl has handled the release of information would be an understatement. Very unprofessional to miss represent and sell false descriptions of cabins. They clearly know about the problem with the S7 because many people on other threads and myself have contacted them about it. ( has no forward balcony and the s7 on deck 13 is actually a hull balcony), yet they have not done anything to change it.

Very disappointed NCL !!!!

The S7 situation is a mess, and because of it, I don't trust what's written for the S3 either.

The S7 situation is a mess, and because of it, I don't trust what's written for the S3 either.

I have 3 cruises booked on the breakaway an S6, S3 and an S7. All of which are missing floor plans. I realize I could have waited until the floor plans were released so I would know exactly what I am getting but at the rate NCL releases info I will be drawing the floor plans while on board and posting them to cruise critic.

I have 3 cruises booked on the breakaway an S6, S3 and an S7. All of which are missing floor plans. I realize I could have waited until the floor plans were released so I would know exactly what I am getting but at the rate NCL releases info I will be drawing the floor plans while on board and posting them to cruise critic.

LOL! And I'll be here waiting for you to post them!

This isn't limited to NCL, there was a big cluster with Princess with the new Royal Princess regarding cabins. People booked and then somewhere along the line they changed the cabins(forget if they eliminated a type or changed from closed/open balcony), but people looked at their bookings and saw a different cabin type!

And I will say, I am shocked that the 1st Bermuda cruise isn't sold out, the Royal Princess's maiden TA was sold out the 1st day! Though I think you can get on the Royal's Med sailings and no problem looking at her E. Caribbean sailings.

That is why I will sail the Breakaway and or the Royal Princess next year. I prefer to see actual pictures of the cabins and let the crew work out the kinks.

I actually jumped ship from the BA to the Gem for our May trip. We wanted the S6 but we also want to ensure that it in fact has a dining table, separate bedroom with a door that closes, and we want to pick the cabin with the largest balcony. There were just many discrepancies between what is advertised and what we are told at the time of booking. Just look at the aft of the ship, not all balconies are the same size, yet when you book the info says they are all the same size. We will sail the BA when the floor plans are clear and we know exactly what we will get for our dollar. In the meantime, we will enjoy the Gem haven in May with our children.

• 2 weeks later...

So after friending someone that worked at NCL I managed to get the floorplan ( blueprint) of the S3 S6 and S7. He asked me not to share them on here ( I pacifically asked him as I know a lot of people want them ).:( I know thats frustrating, but I will try my best to answer any questions :D

So after friending someone that worked at NCL I managed to get the floorplan ( blueprint) of the S3 S6 and S7. He asked me not to share them on here ( I pacifically asked him as I know a lot of people want them ).:( I know thats frustrating, but I will try my best to answer any questions :D

Does the s7 have a window in the bathroom? How large is the balcony? :)

I would love info on the S6 floorplan for the AFT Haven Penthouse Suite... what is the deal with the guest half bath? The description from my NCL guy says 2nd bath with shower... what exactly is the half bath?

And we are in one of these next year and I would love know about this half bath situation because my MIL is coming along at the discounted rate for the 4th person at ONLY $699!! We are paying the other $7K LOL!!

Thanks!

Does the s7 have a window in the bathroom? How large is the balcony? :)

The S6 and S3 are good floor plans the S7 is very rudimentary but from what i can tell it does not have window. There is a forward facing window that looks to be in the bedroom. The balcony is about 50sqf

The S6 and S3 are good floor plans the S7 is very rudimentary but from what i can tell it does not have window. There is a forward facing window that looks to be in the bedroom. The balcony is about 50sqf

Shaun, you are great! Thank you! Is there a separate shower/tub?

I would love info on the S6 floorplan for the AFT Haven Penthouse Suite... what is the deal with the guest half bath? The description from my NCL guy says 2nd bath with shower... what exactly is the half bath?

And we are in one of these next year and I would love know about this half bath situation because my MIL is coming along at the discounted rate for the 4th person at ONLY $699!! We are paying the other $7K LOL!!

Thanks!

I would say with 85% certainty it looks very like the bathroom in the 2nd bedroom of the 2 bedroom villa. (there is a floor plan on the ncl site).

I would just get her a studio ....on the EPIC!! :p

I would say with 85% certainty it looks very like the bathroom in the 2nd bedroom of the 2 bedroom villa. (there is a floor plan on the ncl site).

I would just get her a studio ....on the EPIC!! :p

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Next questions...

1. How big is the balcony? Is it a wrap-around on the side?

2. Is there a door that closes between the MBR and the LR where DS and MIL will sleep at night? ;)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Next questions...

1. How big is the balcony? Is it a wrap-around on the side?

2. Is there a door that closes between the MBR and the LR where DS and MIL will sleep at night? ;)

Yes there is a door

I wouldnt call it a wrap around but you can stand on the side and look forward

NORWEGIAN_BREAKAWAY_566611.940x1000.jpg

Archived