Souvenir ideas???

Old Tom

I am sailing on the Spirit May 22 to Costa Maya, Belieze City, Roatan Honduras, and Cozumel. I wonder if anyone who has sailed this itenerary could give me ideas on what to buy (and where) as gifts for my office when I return. I am hoping to spend $10-$20 each and buy for my work group. I am TERRIBLE at picking out gifts and would like suggestions for my unit (all adult women) though I am a male. (No romantic connotations please.)

I like to buy Christmas ornaments from the various ports. I couldn't find any I liked in Costa Maya so I bought tiny leather flip flop key rings which will serve the same purpose. Easy to pack and not very expensive.

For $10-20, how about some Mayan beaded bracelets? I wish I would've gotten the one I saw in Roatan.

As you are getting off the Spirit, I will be getting on for the fourth time on this ship. I love this ship and it's crew. It's been the best crew of 18 cruises. I was just on the Spirit in February and have been to these ports several times. If you do buy the vanilla, make sure you read that it doesn't contain coumarin. It will say it on the bottle. If you can get their sizes you could get them a T-shirt for a really good price. If they drink, you could get them a drink holder with the port name of it. Women love braclets, but it wouldn't have the name of the port. I'm not sure if that matters or not. The Christmas ornament is a good idea. The souvenirs are going to all be about the same thing in all these ports. Maybe you could get them each a rum cake. I'm sure once you get there something will catch your eye. Have a great trip and don't let this souvenir stuff get the best of you. ;):)

Frankly, most women don't bake anymore. The vanilla would surely go to waste with our staff. I would appreciate the other gifts suggested more. The bracelets sound nice. I always bring rum cakes back not for individuals but to set out for everyone in the break room near the coffee.

Frankly, most women don't bake anymore. The vanilla would surely go to waste with our staff. I would appreciate the other gifts suggested more. The bracelets sound nice. I always bring rum cakes back not for individuals but to set out for everyone in the break room near the coffee.

I guess that depends on the women he works with. We have bake sales where I work as fund raisers for local charities. Most of the women participate in bringing baked goods...and yes I use my vanilla from Mexico.

Archived