My WEDDING CRUISE Journal (VOLUME 1 )

skyking

Hello all,

My Fiance and I are getting married on the Mariner Of The Seas on the 10th of April 2005. Today I thought to myself what a cool idea if I created a journal to express my love for cruising and my future cruise wedding to share with all of you. Here is a quick recap of us I am 26 and have been on 8 total cruises, I am an addict I sleep cruising and sing songs that I hear played by the pool by the band to get me through my days at work. She is a new cruiser but has been on 3 total SO HERE IT GOES!

Close to five weeks ago we decided to get married on a cruise. We figured since I have a HUGE love for cruising and that she is newly addicted, what a great way to bond our lives together. NOW a lot of people say that this is PERFET for me, but it was really her idea. Of course once she said " lets get married on a cruise" I said " OK" with no hesitation. Of course we looked at all the ideas of getting married in Southern California, which is where I am from, but this made more sense to us. Her parents are both seventy years old and we did not want to have the hassles of traveling SO far away. So The Mariner made a lot of sense since we live in Orlando.

Well two weeks ago we finally booked the cruise. My dad purchased the cruise for us since it is the honeymoon and all:) BUT since dad is SO cheap he got us a atrium cabin and did not want to pay for a balcony I have not cruised without a balcony since I was on the SOS back in May of 2001. OHH well we will deal with that later That same day after dad got the cruise booked for us we contacted the folks at Royal Weddings. We initially spoke to Alex but Candice was not happy with him as we he was a little cocky. I emailed them that day and expressed that I wanted my future wife to be comfy. I got an email back from Elizabeth who so far has been great:) Today we contacted Liz ( as I will call her) and aksed a lot of questions. Asked about table clothes, unity candles, and a few other things:) SO far SO good 8 months from today or 242 days 1 min and 50 seconds for us addicts Today I walked around work singing reygay music all day:) my employees we saying " Oh greeat we get to listen to this until you get married" They know me Ohhh so well. Well It is time to go to bed and dream about sitting on my balcony with my new wife UNTIL TOMMOROW:)

Tim

Congrats on your engagement skyking!

I've never encountered a male that was soooo much into the details of his wedding. I know my hubbie wasn't THAT involved. Good job in helping your future wife. Kudos to you! :)

Call the TA your Dad booked with and pay for the upgrade to a balcony yourself. Does he even have to know?

I would love my sons to get married on a cruise, and I would pay for it......well, I would love for my sons to get steady girlfriends, and THEN get married on a cruise, and THEN I'd pay for it!!

I'm impressed with your attention to detail with your wedding. She is a lucky lady.

I hope you have a great wedding and upgrade that cabin asap. You only do this once.

Congrats

Tillie

Explorer 10-24-04

Tim,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Nice to see that you are putting so much effort into every detail. Go for the upgrade, can not depend that the upgrade fairy will visit you!

Loved your previous reviews...Good Luck to you and Candace.:p :p

Sea Island- I am a regualr on this board, there must be someone who wants to be me:) hehe

To all- Thanks for the good wishes. This really means a lot to both of us.

STAY TUNED TO THIS POST FOR MORE JOURNAL STUFF

Tim

Congratulations to you and your fiance!! We're going to be on the same cruise - it's the first time we've been on Royal Caribbean, and only the 2nd time we've taken a cruise. We went on a 3 night Disney to the Bahamas the 1st time and had so much fun we decided to take another cruise. I'm a little nervous about this being 7 days...guess I'm a big chicken...lol

We'd love any tips or info you could give us

Archived