Not long in Nassau ideas

rocco329

That sounds great!! I'm traveling with a group of 45 people. Any other ideas for them.. Just kidding, I'm looking for something all or most of us could do on such a short day. It's our first stop and many have never cruised, I'm sure they will want to get off and do something.

A quick island tour? To the forts, Queens Staircase and general area. We did one with my in laws when we cruised with them. We were at the British Colonial Hilton by lunch where we spent the rest of the day.

There are countless tou operators in the port area if you don't want to pre-book. It was not the most exciting tour, but I don't regret doing it. The tour guides at the forts are very knowledgeable.

When were in Nassau a few weeks ago we just got off long enough for my girls to shop at the straw market and then back on the ship to enjoy a really ni c e day.

We enjoyed Ardastra Gardens and Zoo with the marching flamingos. Took about 2 hours. They have a good website.

Also, 2 interesting hotels in town: British Colonial Hilton and Graycliff.

They also have websites. One can just stop at the BCH for a drink to see the hotel. Graycliff makes chocolate candies and cigars.

Well, seen a lot of posts concerning what to do with half days coming off of the Oasis of the Seas. As most have mentioned, the boat comes in on Sunday between 7 am and 2 pm. Really don't think we want to spend a small amount of the day at Atlantis and am concerned that most of the shops around the port are basically closed until noon or so.

Is Nassau time the same as east coast time in July?

Can someone list some good reputable private tour operators and suggest maybe what they have done from say 9 am to 1 pm? History stops or other interesting areas to see.

I see the Food Tours are closed Sundays, so that will not be an option.

Is there a beach that might have good lounges and maybe drinks to stop at for a couple of hours (something like Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel)?

Thanks, this is probably been talked about multiple times, but hard to find in the search. Thanks!!!!!

Edited by oracer

Seriously, stay on the ship and enjoy the cantilevered hot tubs.

We did a cheap snorkeling excision that was only $30. After we took a dip in the hot tubs and they were empty.

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

Carnival Breeze February 2014