Colombo, Sri Lanka cruise terminal?

comcox

I will be sailing out of Colombo in late February. I wanted to know what the cruise terminal there is like. Are there any services available such as convenience store, currency exchange/bank, etc.? Or this just a commercial port with the ship tied up and no services?

Thanks.

I hope so! Our ship the MINERVA will be tied up there in March. It may not be devoted solely to cruise ships though.

Myotis,

Are you on the Colombo to Muscat cruise on Minerva? I am too. There is a roll call going under "Other Cruise Lines" although I'm seem to be the only passenger so far.

Does Colombo have a Cruise terminal?

I also posted the same query on Trip Advisor and was told that there is a very basic passenger terminal there with possibly a currency exchange, but that's about it. Just received a 2 pm embarkation time from my cruise line yesterday so I think I'll hang around my hotel until just shortly before then and take a taxi over. I'll get my currency and other items needed at hotel and nearby shopping center in advance.

Finally got information from Swan Hellenic on our Colombo port. Apparently because of the lack of decent facilities at the port, Swan has rented a hospitality room at a nearby hotel, the Galardari, where passengers can drop off baggage for storage beginning at 8 am and then get free transport to the ship at 3:30 pm. If you want to hang around the hotel you can arrange for a pass to use facilities. Regular taxis are not allowed into the port. They've given us the name of a company that will arrange a special permit and taxi for a price (didn't say how much).

I don't know if any of this applies to disembarking passengers who are flying on their own and/or departing Colombo later.

There seem to be restrictions on disembarking passengers also. I have emailed our driver's agency to see if they have permission to enter dock. If not, we will have to contact Swan's suggested agency just to get us outside the dock area.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
I read your comments since these were posted a year ago. How was the port? I will be disembarking in Colombo from my cruise on Celebrity this spring. We're there taxis at the port?

Hi we want to do a back to back cruise on Century later this month, the second cruise drops into Colombo Sri Lanka, I see you are disembarking on a Celebrity ship soon in Colombo , we want to DISEMBARK in Colombo but can't get an answer , been waiting nearly a week to find if we can leave the ship, Emailed Celebrity , TA sent me a form to fill in they sent that off to Celebrity still NO news, was it a problem with you getting permission?looking forward to a reply , thanks in advance Bob

I read your comments since these were posted a year ago. How was the port? I will be disembarking in Colombo from my cruise on Celebrity this spring. We're there taxis at the port?

GOTOCRUISE CAN YOU CONTACT ME URGENTLY ABOUT YOUR DISEMBARKATION IN SRI LANKA ON CELEBRITY, I AM WANTING TO DO THE SAME BUT CANT GET THE PAPER WORK FROM CELEBRITY AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT,ARE YOU ON CENTURY..? Thanks