St petersburg port to city center hotel

Hi, can anyone help me with the distance from princess cruise port in St. petersburg to the Renaissance Baltic Hotel please? And the best way to reach it, also about how long it will take? We are disembarking there from our cruise and meeting our tour guide at 10:00 a.m.. Any advise on this would be very much appreciated! This is for June 21, 2015

Hi, can anyone help me with the distance from princess cruise port in St. petersburg to the Renaissance Baltic Hotel please? And the best way to reach it, also about how long it will take? We are disembarking there from our cruise and meeting our tour guide at 10:00 a.m.. Any advise on this would be very much appreciated! This is for June 21, 2015

Why not have your guide meet you at the cruise port ?

Yes we visas. And our cruise is ending in St. Petersburg and we need to get to our hotel to store luggage before we meet our guide. Also does anyone have info on how long or takes for customs and immigration?

Thank you

We arrived thru the new Pulkovo Airport 2 weeks ago where it took about 1 hour to go thru Passport control , get our luggage and go thru the green channel ( nothing to declare ) . We would guess that the cruise port would be about the same . Your hotel is 8.9 km or about 17 minutes by car . If your guide can pick you up at the port , they can help you at the hotel check in also . If not , look or ask for the official taxi stand where the price is fixed - before you get in the cab . At the airport , before we met our guide , we were solicited by independent taxi drivers . But it's probably best to use the official ones . It 's great that you have a visa . We made a copy of our visa and passport to carry around with us , if we were stopped . But with 5 visits there , we have never been stopped . Have a great trip ! :) :D

Thank you for the great answers and suggestions. Will take official taxi to hotel.

Do they have vehicles large enough (taxis) to carry 5 adults with luggage?

We're not certain , because we didn't use them . But we did see them around the city , and I suspect the cruise port with it's large volume of passengers , should have large passenger taxis available . Just ask , many people speak English as it's the largest 2nd language in Russia and taught in the St. Petersburg schools . A funny incident occurred on this trip about a week ago . While having dinner with some friends in Moscow , that we met on a cruise in South America , Anna received a phone call from her granddaughter . When her 12 year old granddaughter found out that her grandparents were dining with Americans , she requested to speak to my wife - to practice her English . Well the two chatted away like old friends and I had to remind her that we were at dinner . They hung up , but not before promising to talk , or skype each other in the future . ;)

Oh, how sweet! How nice that you kept in touch with friends and could meet up with them. I'm sure we can get a large taxi at the port, I'm just trying to cover all my bases prior to arrival. I appreciate all the help you have given me. We were in Russia 10 years ago on a river cruise and loved it, but didn't get to spend much time in St. Petersburg.