Hotwire

lbow2006

Thank you. It was actually Best Western Oceanside in FLL that I was looking at. We havent decided if we want to stay in FLL or Miami yet so I was looking at both areas. We like Westin Beach Resort in FLL but I dont think it is listed yet.

Thank you. It was actually Best Western Oceanside in FLL that I was looking at. We havent decided if we want to stay in FLL or Miami yet so I was looking at both areas. We like Westin Beach Resort in FLL but I dont think it is listed yet.

We have the same issue. FLL or Miami. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Today I booked 2 rooms which were rated 4 stars and showed a $25 resort fee for FLL beach for June 19, 2015. Through a little bit of research I was pretty sure it was the Westin FLL Beach and I was right. It was $88 per room but a quick search and I found a coupon good for $25 off $100 using their mobile app so I booked 2 separate reservations. I had to enter a different email and credit card to use the coupon twice but I have plenty of both:D

We're pretty stoked we got a beachfront hotel for $88 :) Even though we have to pay $25 fees at the hotel the coupon makes that a wash. The cheapest I can find this hotel through a normal booking engine is $199 a night PLUS fee.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a lot of useful information on this question of booking hotels on Hotwire. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am looking at a Hotel for March 5th,one night,for precruise at Ft.Lauderdale. I need it to be near the airport,so OLS shuttle will pick us up on the 6th to go to the port of Miami. I saw one for 3 stars on hotwire,which was in the airport area. It was priced at $122,regular price was $279. Anyone have any idea what hotel that might be.? Little nervous to book without knowing.

Thank you in advance for first taking the time to give others all this information and maybe helping me out.

• 2 weeks later...
I attempted to search the forum for this first, but I am on my tablet and phone and each time I select search and try to type in the box my keyboard disappears. So while I'm sure this topic exists already I'd be grateful if a few people could reply. :)

I am curious if you booked through Hotwire for Fort Lauderdale or Miami and did the great deal/unknown hotel booking where you don't find out the name of your hotel until after booking: What hotel did you get? Were you happy with the result? What star rating was it under for hotwire?

Thanks!

I have used Hotwire several times and most recently have ended up with Hyatt House or Hyatt Place. Both are really close to the airport and cruiseport. I would checkout betterbidding.com for more help and suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for this information.

I am looking for a hotel for one night for January 29 in Downtown Miami close to Port or South Beach and wonder if it is too early for me to check. Are better deals to be had if I check closer to the date? I would be looking for 4 or 5 stars.

Ill go back to the better bidding site but she kicked me off years ago and I honestly didnt do anything to warrant it but she isnt a pleasant person. I have different email so hopefully after a few years and different computer Ill get back on lol

Thank you.

Just wanted to say thanks for the info in this thread. I was able to get a room for 4 at Intercontinental Miami in June for $105 a night, includes resort fee, from Hotwire.

Ohiocruiser could you please help me identify the Intercontinental Miami on Hotwire? What amenities etc did it show? We need a room for september 2-6.

I have been looking on Hotwire and found a Downtown Miami area hotel

Show

95% recommended

Booked 33 times today

This hotel typically charges guests a resort fee of about USD10 per room per night

$174*

$110 per night

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

Reviews

Hotwire customer reviews

95% recommended (460 total reviews)

But on the standard page it shows 1207 reviews so that makes me doubt.

I hoped this was the Intercontinental.

For what date did you book and do you remember what amenities etc. it showed?

Thanks so much for your help!

• 4 months later...
Ohiocruiser could you please help me identify the Intercontinental Miami on Hotwire? What amenities etc did it show? We need a room for september 2-6.

I have been looking on Hotwire and found a Downtown Miami area hotel

Show

95% recommended

Booked 33 times today

This hotel typically charges guests a resort fee of about USD10 per room per night

$174*

$110 per night

Amenities

Business center

Fitness center

Internet access

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Spa services

Accessibility

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

Reviews

Hotwire customer reviews

95% recommended (460 total reviews)

But on the standard page it shows 1207 reviews so that makes me doubt.

I hoped this was the Intercontinental.

For what date did you book and do you remember what amenities etc. it showed?

Thanks so much for your help!

Did you book this hotel? Was it in fact Intercontinental? I'm working on my hotel now I can't find anything less that $350 for one night! So I'm trying Hotwire :confused: