Fastest way to get from Seattle airport to cruise port?

nanny2wmn77

Our flight gets into Sea/Tac airport after Carnival stops running a shuttle to the cruise ship. What is our fastest option to get to the cruise port from the airport? Is it simple to get a taxi? If so, how long will a taxi ride take and what would be the approximate cost? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

It depends on the time of day that you're arriving & how long you have to get to the port. Seattle traffic can be amazingly unpredictable.

The Port of Seattle has a webpage for your various options. My suggestion would be to book a town car service. That way, if you get stuck in traffic, you only have to pay a flat rate plus tip. There's also the option of taking the light rail ($3) to its last stop in down town & catching a cab or town car from there.

Edited by KFinTx

Taxi or town car would be the fastest. There is also East Side for Hire, which has a flat rate of $35, I believe.

The latest flight arrival time for the Carnival transfer is 1:10 pm. Are you actually on a flight that arrives later than that? :eek: You do know that you are required to check in at the port no later than 3:00 pm for a 4:00 sailing right? You better hope and pray that everything with your flight goes exactly as planned, as you have no room for error.

If you are arriving after the last Carnival Shuttle, that would mean later in the day. I agree with a town car so that it could be waiting for you. I will also suggest carry on luggage only. The trip takes somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic/ rain/events/construction. I have done it three times and each time as been a new adventure.

I know you are an experienced cruiser but adding for those less experienced is there anyway you can fly in earlier and if not do you have insurance.? It is not too late to purchase thru a third party but be absolutely sure that there isn't a "must fly within Carnival stated times" clause.

Best of luck, enjoy Alaska

Carnival uses pier 91 which is a few miles north of the downtown core. Typically it takes 25-30 minutes by car but it can take up to an hour depending on weekend traffic, construction, city events, etc.

There is a taxi line at the airport. Yellow Cab has the contract. The taxi line is in the parking garage so you need to go up one floor from baggage claim and across the skybridge to the garage.

STILA has the towncar contract so they always have cars in the garage. You call them from a phone at baggage claim and they pick you up at the curb. They charge $45 to downtown so probably $7-10 more to pier 91. At least it's not a metered ride.

Call either or both for more info.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

eastsideforhire.com is $35 and picks you up at the curb. I've had positive experiences with them but a couple of recent passengers posted negative experiences on this forum.

Hope you aren't cutting it too close. I know that people are left at the pier at every sailing whether its because they're late or don't have proper documentation, but it sure happens regularly.

Just got off the phone with STILA, who tells me a limo will be fine for 4 adults, 5 suitcases & 4 carry ons. Has anyone done this? Wondering if I should bite the bullet & reserve a Suburban.

Just got off the phone with STILA, who tells me a limo will be fine for 4 adults, 5 suitcases & 4 carry ons. Has anyone done this? Wondering if I should bite the bullet & reserve a Suburban.

I have taken their limo with 4 of us and luggage, and it wasn't a problem.:)