Melia Resort - Day Pass

t2limar

We are thinking to go to Melia with a Day pass and need some help:

1. Could we buy the Day pass when we get there? I assume it is $ 35 per person.

2. How much would that cost to get there by a taxi for 4 people?

3. Some says that non-motorized equipment are in fact not included. Is that right?

4. Are those snorkeling gear clean for use? Is there a lot of fish to see?

5. Easy to get some beach chairs?

6. How do you find those pools?

7. Are towels provided?

8. I believe there is a swim up bar. How much do you think a pina colada will cost? Do we pay cash? Credit card?

9. Are there lockers we can use? How much if we have to pay?

Lastly, we are also thinking to hire Sandra Taxi. We used her last year when we went to Atlantis. She picked us up at the airport, then we stopped at a grocery store on our way there. This time I am thinking to hire her to take us to Melia. For return, I hope that she can also take us to a grocery store before returning to the ship so that we can buy some local pop. Will that work?

Thanks for your time, as I know I have tons of questions. :)

Last year we bought day passes at the front desk.

We took a van taxi from the Nassau pier for $5 pp.

There were plenty of beach chairs.

The pools are big and right around the hotel.

We were provided with a beach towel.

Those were our experiences. Things do change- so it is best to e-mail the Melia for updates.

We are thinking to go to Melia with a Day pass and need some help:

1. Could we buy the Day pass when we get there? I assume it is $ 35 per person.

2. How much would that cost to get there by a taxi for 4 people?

3. Some says that non-motorized equipment are in fact not included. Is that right?

4. Are those snorkeling gear clean for use? Is there a lot of fish to see?

5. Easy to get some beach chairs?

6. How do you find those pools?

7. Are towels provided?

8. I believe there is a swim up bar. How much do you think a pina colada will cost? Do we pay cash? Credit card?

9. Are there lockers we can use? How much if we have to pay?

Lastly, we are also thinking to hire Sandra Taxi. We used her last year when we went to Atlantis. She picked us up at the airport, then we stopped at a grocery store on our way there. This time I am thinking to hire her to take us to Melia. For return, I hope that she can also take us to a grocery store before returning to the ship so that we can buy some local pop. Will that work?

Thanks for your time, as I know I have tons of questions. :)

I have not been yet, but friends just returned from Nassau where they purchased the day pass to the Melia. This is the information they've reported to us:

1. I think they said $35 for a day pass, no food or drink included.

2. They said they grabbed a taxi by walking up to the next street from the exit from Festival Hall and it was faster due to not having to navigate around all the others loading up there. $5 pp and they accepted US dollars in cash with no problem.

3. Don't know what you mean by this, sorry.

4. Snorkel gear was included free and they wiped it down with disinfectant wipes. They didn't think it was really dirty, just being careful.

5. Plenty of beach chairs.

6. Said pools were clean but in need of a reno which they were told was scheduled after the current renovation of the hotel.

7. Limited towels provided. Said they had to turn in a wet one to receive a new dry one, but they were close to hand.

8. Said the swim up bar was cheaper than the ship, but Senor Frogs was cheaper for frozen drinks.

9. Said they didn't see lockers but some others said they were available for a fee. Said they purposely only had some cash and a credit card which they sealed in a waterproof swim lanyard so didn't care. No one bothered the t-shirts and shorts they left on their beach loungers.

Thanks for your reply, TravelinGert and cruiseapril.

It is nice to know that we don't have to purchase the day pass ahead of time, as it allows some flexibility.

Just wonder where I can take the "van taxi" to Melia?

Will there be a taxi stand right when we are off the ship?

Thanks.

You will have to walk down the dock area through the immigration building to get to the taxis...just tell them where you want to go. Just make sure you leave early enough with plenty of time to get back to the ship.

ive also read to take bus #10 .... its around $1.25 a person i think ..... and was told to check bookatourcaribbean dot com, have read several people have booked there for $30 pp. Thinking we are going to try it .....

I have been twice, when it was a Hilton, and we loved it. Take the jitney #10-cost 1.25, have the correct change-you wont get any back.

Just about 30 feet off from the beach there is a rock reef (man made) and if the surf is quiet, a great place to see fish while snorkeling. You walk out from the beach, which is calm, hit a sand bar, a little rough, and then back to calmer waters-IF THERE ARE NO STORMS!

The pools are cooler than the ocean, there are two large hot tubs, and the beach is pristine. You may find some folk peddling along the beach, but they cannot come up to the hotel area/pool area at all. Paradise for 35 bucks, and yes, you do get a towel, I never did see lockers, but this is a hotel. The last time we went it was a Hilton and we got a day room, so we could shower and change. Don't know if they do that now. Great way to spend the day!