Private tour at Willemstad?

billmanweh

Hi! Check out the excursions for Curaçao in the tour list. If you want a private tour of the island I believe there will be taxi drivers at the pier that you could chat about what you want, and agree to a price. We are on the same cruise, and have signed up for the Beach Express tour.

Happy planning!

• 2 weeks later...

Curacao is such an excellent port for DIY. No need to book expensive ship excursions.

There are drivers to be booked prior to your cruise, but also many taxis when you arrive to take you sightseeing and/or the beach.

You can check out the FB page: Curacao - Cruise port of Call for suggestions.

• 2 months later...

If you haven't gone yet, we had a wonderful private tour with Edo from VIP Tours Curacao last month. We met him at 9 and spent the entire day touring the island, snorkeling, enjoying some beautiful beaches, great sites in Shete Boka Park, and several great views you just can't get to in a tour bus before he showed us around downtown. The conversation was great as well, you can tell that Edo really enjoys what he does. Drinks were provided, and he found us a great restaurant for lunch; and even found me a grocery store open on sunday to pick up some pepsis to take back to the ship.

If you haven't gone yet, we had a wonderful private tour with Edo from VIP Tours Curacao last month. We met him at 9 and spent the entire day touring the island, snorkeling, enjoying some beautiful beaches, great sites in Shete Boka Park, and several great views you just can't get to in a tour bus before he showed us around downtown. The conversation was great as well, you can tell that Edo really enjoys what he does. Drinks were provided, and he found us a great restaurant for lunch; and even found me a grocery store open on sunday to pick up some pepsis to take back to the ship.

Thank you for sharing this!

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising next week and have also booked a private tour with Edo. He was really highly recommended on Trip Advisor. I'll check back and let you know how it goes - but our online interactions with him thus far have been great. He's very quick to respond and customized our day plan so that we see/do what we want. I'm really looking forward to our day with him.

• 2 months later...
We are cruising next week and have also booked a private tour with Edo. He was really highly recommended on Trip Advisor. I'll check back and let you know how it goes - but our online interactions with him thus far have been great. He's very quick to respond and customized our day plan so that we see/do what we want. I'm really looking forward to our day with him.

Wondering how your experience was with Edo?

• 4 months later...

I honestly cannot remember how much our tour cost, sorry. We did it in January. BUT - I can tell you that at the time we concluded that it was TOTALLY worth it. The tour is private. If you have two in your group, as we did, then its just the two of you and Edo.

He was a TERRIFIC guide. We drove all over the island. We stopped anyplace we wanted to take pictures. We hiked, swam, explored, ate - it was a packed day. We made it to the port quite comfortably for our departure and felt that we'd truly experienced Curacao. Edo is a great guide and incredibly likeable.

I would book with him again without question.

I hope he's available for you - you'll have a wonderful day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can you tell me what this tour cost? I am always interested in private tours. Was it a passenger car? Can it hold four people?

Many thanks

Please reply to komishe@yahoo.com

I can't remember exactly what we paid - if I had to guess I'd say around $120 pp? The day we did the tour his typical tour vehicle had a battery problem. It was just my husband and me so we used his passenger car. I do remember him mentioning that his "official" vehicle is an SUV, so I'd imagine four people would be fine.

Really, you can't go wrong with Edo. Our day in Curacao was amazing. We had a blast with him and really felt like we saw the whole island.