Viewing incoming ship from San Pedro hotel

I read it somewhere but a search has not allowed me to find this tidbit of information...

Is someone is staying at either the Double Tree or Crown Plaza in San Pedro, approximately what time would you need to be up to see your ship sail into port?

And, for each hotel, where is the best point for seeing this?

Thank you for helping me with this!!

The ships normally arrive between 6 and 7 am. The view from the DTI is from a marina facing room but you really can't see much of the ship from there. With the Crowne Plaza you would need a south-west facing room but the port is still some distance off and its not a great view.

I read it somewhere but a search has not allowed me to find this tidbit of information...

Is someone is staying at either the Double Tree or Crown Plaza in San Pedro, approximately what time would you need to be up to see your ship sail into port?

And, for each hotel, where is the best point for seeing this?

Thank you for helping me with this!!

I believe your referring to my post on the "There's nothing like" thread. We always stay at the DT in a marina side room. I set the alarm for 4:30AM, get a cup of coffee and watch for the ship to arrive into the marina. It's quite a site to see the lights on the ship and the blue sea witch glowing when it's still dark outside. The ship usually arrives between 5-6AM. Silly, but that's our little ritual:D

I believe your referring to my post on the "There's nothing like" thread. We always stay at the DT in a marina side room. I set the alarm for 4:30AM, get a cup of coffee and watch for the ship to arrive into the marina. It's quite a site to see the lights on the ship and the blue sea witch glowing when it's still dark outside. The ship usually arrives between 5-6AM. Silly, but that's our little ritual:D

YES!! That's where I read about watching the ship arrive.

Thank you so much for posting. Our RC has a whole bunch of folks staying in both hotels in December.

I had about half-jokingly suggested an early AM M&G in addition to the dinners (2 different groups to 2 different restaurants as we filled the first one!) being attended the night before the cruise AND in addition to the after dinner beverages at the hotels once we all return from dinner and those arriving late get to the hotel. Well...what would happen but someone asked what time and where!! :eek: SO, I had to find out the details :p

I'll be having coffee too but who knows...someone may break out the "little something extra" for the coffee or be having a Bloody Mary. I think a Bellini would certainly be a most festive way to begin embarkation day :D ;)

Thank you again for the info!