Hop on hop off bus in san francisco

rtlk

Has anyone taken the Hop on Hop off tour offered by Princess in SF? My wife uses a scooter and we are unsure how friendly the tour will b for her. Do all the Bus's have lifts? We are concerned about being stranded for and hours or more if a lift equipped bus does not come by on a regular basis. Any help would be appreciated. :D:D

I had a similar question at another location, so I wrote to the cruise line accessible department and they in turn wrote to their supplier (the bus company) and got precise accurate information for me. It was a different cruise line, but I think they all provide basically the same service.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Has anyone taken the Hop on Hop off tour offered by Princess in SF? My wife uses a scooter and we are unsure how friendly the tour will b for her. Do all the Bus's have lifts? We are concerned about being stranded for and hours or more if a lift equipped bus does not come by on a regular basis. Any help would be appreciated. :D:D

You can contact the tour company directly. in fact it might be cheaper to just book on your own rather than thru Princess Cruises.

2800 Leavenworth Street

San Francisco

CA 94133

USA

Phone: 415 440 8687

Fax: 415 440 6996

Email: info@city-sightseeing.us

Thanks for the info:)!! Princess has not been very helpful except to say they will have an accessible bus available and will not tell us who the operators are, so thank you for the name. Has anyone used a scooter on these Hop On Hop Off bus'? Are all the Bus' lift equipped? We do not want to find ourselves stranded for long periods of time

Edited by rtlk

Thanks for the info:)!! Princess has not been very helpful except to say they will have an accessible bus available and will not tell us who the operators are, so thank you for the name. Has anyone used a scooter on these Hop On Hop Off bus'? Are all the Bus' lift equipped? We do not want to find ourselves stranded for long periods of time

As stated in my previous post you should contact the tour company directly. Thus the reason I provided all contact information.

As stated in my previous post you should contact the tour company directly. Thus the reason I provided all contact information.

Listen to xxoocruiser. Even the tour company's website FAQs states:

"Are the buses wheelchair accessible?:

Yes, most of our buses are wheelchair accessible. Please contact us for further information."

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

The bus system in San Francisco is called MUNI - in case you want to Google their website. The drivers carry no change. You must have a ticket (called "transfer") at all times, and they do check sometimes!

MUNI sells tourist passes, I believe they are for 1, 3, 5 days - don't know if they give disability or age discounts. A ride is $2.25 for adult, $1 for senior/disabled.

All buses - regular or electric buses (trolleys) - have a platform to transport wheelchairs in and out of them, and designated spaces. Try not to take buses at peak times when they get packed, this will be a pain to get in and out.

Exceptions are historic buses for tourists - line F and cable cars. They do not have lifts. Don't know about HOHO buses.

Princess has told us that the Hop on Hop off bus company will provide us an accessible bus, however, thanks to xxoocruiser for letting me know which bus company Princess contracts with because the bus' are not accessible. The operator made it clear that they only have space to store wheelchairs and do not offer lifts on any of the bus's, that the customer must be able to stand up and climb onto the bus. I do not call that accessible:(:eek: and the operator basically said that Princess doesn't know what they are taking about!@! Once again thanks to the Cruise Critic team for saving my wife a real upsetting experience. It is pitiful how arrogant and uneducated these cruise line employees are.