Medical Insurance during Pregnancy

canuckinindia

Have done some searches on the board which were helpful but it seems most of the threads were a few years old and didn't clearly address my query.

We are a group (20 people) travelling in January on Celebrity Silhouette having made the bookings six months ago and we are coming up on our final booking in a few days.

Since then one of the ladies in the group is now blessed and will be between 20-21 weeks along at the time of the cruise. Mother and baby are healthy, the doctor currently currently for sees no issue with travel and given that the pregnancy is less than 24 weeks the cruise line is okay as well.

Insurance has not yet been purchased (medical or trip cancellation) and we are trying to figure out what is possible.

If cancellation insurance is possible we will look at it but in the end can bare the cost of cancelling prior to the cruise if it comes to that if not feasible. What we would be most important is to try and have medical and evacuation insurance for the cruise itself.

Appreciate not all policies cover this and the fact that we aren't close to the booking date and nearing the final booking date all come into play.

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance it's greatly appreciated.

Have done some searches on the board which were helpful but it seems most of the threads were a few years old and didn't clearly address my query.

We are a group (20 people) travelling in January on Celebrity Silhouette having made the bookings six months ago and we are coming up on our final booking in a few days.

Since then one of the ladies in the group is now blessed and will be between 20-21 weeks along at the time of the cruise. Mother and baby are healthy, the doctor currently currently for sees no issue with travel and given that the pregnancy is less than 24 weeks the cruise line is okay as well.

Insurance has not yet been purchased (medical or trip cancellation) and we are trying to figure out what is possible.

If cancellation insurance is possible we will look at it but in the end can bare the cost of cancelling prior to the cruise if it comes to that if not feasible. What we would be most important is to try and have medical and evacuation insurance for the cruise itself.

Appreciate not all policies cover this and the fact that we aren't close to the booking date and nearing the final booking date all come into play.

Thanks in advance for everyone's assistance it's greatly appreciated.

I see you are from India. Assuming the pregnant woman is flying to the cruise - that adds another stressful element. I was just on the cruise where a healthy woman gave birth prematurely. She also had a doctor's clearance. It was a very, very bad situation - and continues to be delicate as far as the health of the baby. My advice, She should cancel her cruise. It's not worth the stress and the risk.