Can you buy Retin-a without a prescription?

dbali

It is certainly available without a prescription and in generic form at all the online pharmacies and I would imagine in many pharmacies. I am not in Spain now or otherwise, I would stop in to a 'farmacia'

http://www.rxespana.net/retin-a.html

http://bluestardesigncompany.com/shop/2015/05/16/comprar-retin-a-sin-receta/

It is certainly available without a prescription and in generic form at all the online pharmacies and I would imagine in many pharmacies. I am not in Spain now or otherwise, I would stop in to a 'farmacia'

http://www.rxespana.net/retin-a.html

http://bluestardesigncompany.com/shop/2015/05/16/comprar-retin-a-sin-receta/

Thanks. Have you used either online pharmacies?

Thanks. Have you used either online pharmacies?

No. I have not. Most items are available at local Pharmacists. Pricing can be high in Spain actually on many items. Did you find the pricing on the online shops in Spain to be good when converting to $?

Noticed the OP has a Texas address and they might want to consider that they can get Retin A at almost any pharmacy in Mexico (close to Texas). That being said, it is a prescription med in the USA for good cause. It does have more then its share of side effects and some can be quite nasty.

Hank

Noticed the OP has a Texas address and they might want to consider that they can get Retin A at almost any pharmacy in Mexico (close to Texas). That being said, it is a prescription med in the USA for good cause. It does have more then its share of side effects and some can be quite nasty.

Hank

I was going to suggest the same thing,but maybe they are near a really bad border toen. I cross all the time,but we don't have a lot of the problems the Texas borders pose. BTW, if Retin-A is used correctly it is ok..it is an RX because the drug companies can get more money for it as it is usually not covered by insurance.

I was going to suggest the same thing,but maybe they are near a really bad border toen. I cross all the time,but we don't have a lot of the problems the Texas borders pose. BTW, if Retin-A is used correctly it is ok..it is an RX because the drug companies can get more money for it as it is usually not covered by insurance.

The thing about many drugs is that those who have no problems do not normally acknowledge the risks. In most cases they are correct, but there is a reason that drugs require a script...and the published info on side effects is real and impacts some folks. Even over-the-counter drugs can cause major issues, hospitalization, and even death. A good example is Aspirin.

We are aware of a person who had serious skin problems related to the use of Retin A...which included severe peeling of their facial skin. While not common, this kind of thing does happen.

Hank

The thing about many drugs is that those who have no problems do not normally acknowledge the risks. In most cases they are correct, but there is a reason that drugs require a script...and the published info on side effects is real and impacts some folks. Even over-the-counter drugs can cause major issues, hospitalization, and even death. A good example is Aspirin.

We are aware of a person who had serious skin problems related to the use of Retin A...which included severe peeling of their facial skin. While not common, this kind of thing does happen.

Hank

Retin-A is supposed to cause peeling of the skin to a degree,but a lot of people over use this drug with the theory more is better. If this person got so bad and had serious skin problems with it is because they or their Dr. did not do the right thing...any side effect will show up quicly and then it should not be used. There is Retin-A (Vit A) in a lot of OTC products and combined with the RX of Retin-A can cause a lot of problems. I know people who abuse Tylenol,and get sick because more is better!! From what I have seen over the years an RX does not make a drug any safer than an OTC...just the person using the drug with or without a Dr's advice.

Do you need a prescription to buy retin-a in Spain? Does anyone know the cost?

I go to the border town of Nuevo Progresso which is across from Weslaco, Texas in the Rio Grande valley. It is a very safe border town. You can get Retin-A or the generic there. I used Retin-A for years with no problems. Yes, I had a little peeling, but that is normal with the medication. I am 79 and still get compliments on my complexion. There are a lot of people shopping there, especially in the winter when the "winter Texans" are escaping the cold weather in the northern states. They spend the day shopping, getting dental work, getting their prescriptions for the year, getting manicures and pedicures and and eating and drinking and just having a good time. I have a friend who has a house in Mission, Texas in a 55 and over gated community. There are a lot of people there that keep homes for the winter months. We go once a month and always cross the border with no problem.