Post cruise Excursion The Everglades suggestions?

coco33

The ship arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 8 am and my flight is at 7pm, so I have basically a good amount of time in Fort Lauderdale. I really want to see the everglades. My question is are there tour operators that will pick you up from the port? Where would I store my luggage?? How would I get back to the airport?? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The ship arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 8 am and my flight is at 7pm, so I have basically a good amount of time in Fort Lauderdale. I really want to see the everglades. My question is are there tour operators that will pick you up from the port? Where would I store my luggage?? How would I get back to the airport?? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Check the excursions on your ship. There may be an Everglades excursion that handles transportation and luggage. Note however that the ship excursions would probably still get you back to the airport many hours before your flight.

Another option is to rent a car.

Check out

www.evergladesholidaypark.com

From their website they have a pick up service.

Thank you for this, but they don't pick up from cruise terminals.:(

The VIP tour is 80 minutes, how long is enough to stay at the park?

My next question is does port everglades have luggage storage facilities and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

I have the exact same issue that my flight is at 7pm.

After comparing with all the options, I just decided to rent a car for a day at FLL. The total including tax with Alamo via Costco is $27 for a compact, which is cheaper than any valet service / excursion for 3 people.

You can then do all sort of sight seeing / water taxi / shopping without worrying the time and cost.

You have a full day. An Everglades tour is not long. The ship excursion will get you to the airport around 1:00. I'd rent a car and do the park on your own and then head off somewhere else before heading to the airport. Lots of beach and parks to visit or head to South beach area and take in that activity if you haven't been.

There is no luggage storage at the port. You'd have to get it to the airport where there is that service.

Edited by eandj