How to make reservations at Carambola Beach Club?

cruisecookie

Did you get a response and if so, what was the turn around time? I ask because I sent a request yesterday and had not heard anything back. I read in a review they are closed during the summer??? There was no indication of that on the website but just thought I would check with those who have been recently.Thanks!

I just received an email response from Daislyn. She said is it customary for them to close during their annual vacation period (which might be what some of us have read/heard about them being closed at certain times), but this year, they decided to remain open during cruise calls and for dinner Thursday through Saturday.

Of course! Grab a taxi & go. If you don't like Carambola stroll on down the beach to Shipwreck.

Paul (or anyone else who might know)--we were considering using the shades and beach at Carambola (nicer shades and larger beach) then walking down to Shipwreck for lunch. I've heard the food prices at Carambola are pretty high, and the food at Shipwreck is less expensive and just as good. What's your opinion?

Excellent information on this thread! Thanks to all posters.

Queston:

Does anyone have a price list for the chairs and umbrellas?

I went to Carambola's website, but there were no lounge chair/umbrella prices (that I could find, at least).

Others have posted the food menu (thanks!), but as I am researching "beachy" things to do for our group of three, the other two gals would want specific prices so they can make an informed choice.

Thanks!

We are non-cruisers that visit St Kitts/Nevis at least yearly. We enjoy the food & prices at Shipwreck.

Thanks Paul! Sorry for all the questions :o. I can look at the proximity on a map, but it's obviously not the same as being there. Is it practicable to walk down the beach from Carambola to Shipwreck for lunch or would it be quite a hike on foot? Thanks again.

Thanks Paul! Sorry for all the questions :o. I can look at the proximity on a map, but it's obviously not the same as being there. Is it practicable to walk down the beach from Carambola to Shipwreck for lunch or would it be quite a hike on foot? Thanks again.

It's doable, approx. a 15 min. walk, I've done it several times.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you walk here from the ship?

I'd say it'd be a heck of a long walk. We went by van, and even though they took the scenic route hoping for more of a tip, it was a 10-15 minute drive. It might be quicker just going straight out to the curb and catching a regular cab who knows you're not expecting a "tour" on the way to your destination.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be in St. Kitt in early March. Our ship doesn't arrive until 10:00 am. If I make a reservation at Carambola for a party of 6 are my chairs and umbrellas guaranteed? I hear the beach gets crowded early so kind of worried we might get there and there will be no chairs.

Will be in St. Kitt in early March. Our ship doesn't arrive until 10:00 am. If I make a reservation at Carambola for a party of 6 are my chairs and umbrellas guaranteed? I hear the beach gets crowded early so kind of worried we might get there and there will be no chairs.

Short answer, yes. Just make sure you get a reservation confirmation response and PRINT IT OUT to take with you. When we got there, our "reservation" could not be found in the system. They rented us the 1 umbrella and 2 chairs anyway. For a party of six, you might be in trouble if you can't show proof of your reservation.

Hope you have a blast!!

• 1 month later...
I'd say it'd be a heck of a long walk. We went by van, and even though they took the scenic route hoping for more of a tip, it was a 10-15 minute drive. It might be quicker just going straight out to the curb and catching a regular cab who knows you're not expecting a "tour" on the way to your destination.

Hi, how much does a cab charge to go to Carambola?

We sailed last week on Celebrity Summit.

On Thursday the port of call was St.Kitts.

We decided to spend the day at Carambola Beach Club.

As this thread has mentioned (&others) it's best to e-mail Daislyn Sharpe at the club ahead of time requesting a reservation.

She will respond with a confirming e-mail response.

For two sunbeds + umbrella it was $30 USD.

We also bought lunch (off the menu-fish sandwiches&beers) while we were there.

To get to Carambola, as you get off the cruise ship, right outside the fence, there was a dispatcher for the St. Kitts taxi association.

Tell him you want to go to Carambola and he'll have to wait under a shaded bench until a group assembles.

In our case ( at 9:30AM) there were already eight people waiting and in 5 more minutes another 8 arrived looking to do the same thing.

The dispatcher called for a mini coach bus which seated all of us comfortably.

For $4 per person we took the 15 minute ride to the club.

When you arrive in the lobby on the right there will be a reception desk.

We gave them a copy of our reservation, paid the fee and in 5 minutes we were seated waterfront.

For the return, most of the 20 who made the outbound journey agreed (including us) that 2:30PM (14:30) would be a good return time.

As arranged the bus was there and again for $4USDpp we went back to the cruise port.

Until 4:30PM (16:30 our all aboard time for the boat) we walked around the nearby shopping area.

We enjoyed our day in St.Kitts, hope you do also.

As this thread has mentioned (&others) it's best to e-mail Daislyn Sharpe at the club ahead of time requesting a reservation.

To get to Carambola, as you get off the cruise ship, right outside the fence, there was a dispatcher for the St. Kitts taxi association.

Tell him you want to go to Carambola and he'll have to wait under a shaded bench until a group assembles.

In our case ( at 9:30AM) there were already eight people waiting and in 5 more minutes another 8 arrived looking to do the same thing.

We gave them a copy of our reservation, paid the fee and in 5 minutes we were seated waterfront.

For the return, most of the 20 who made the outbound journey agreed (including us) that 2:30PM (14:30) would be a good return time.

As arranged the bus was there and again for $4USDpp we went back to the cruise port.

Until 4:30PM (16:30 our all aboard time for the boat) we walked around the nearby shopping area.

Thanks for all the great info!

Trying to decide if we are going to do this, or the catamaran to Nevis...Thanks for the thorough information...

I heard back from Carambola within 24 hours and have also been in communication via several e-mails back and forth. I was told that once the chairs are reserved, they will hold your chair for 30 minutes after your proposed arrival time. It looks like the Breeze and Silhouette are in port that day which could overwhelm the beach. Carambola looks like a great spot to spend the day. We like to have the option to have a lovely lunch on the beach and to spend the day with our toes in the sand. In the past, we have had port stops in Nevis and that was also a lovely beach day.