MDR Menus on NCL Sun/Alaska salings

cupojo6

Does anyone have pics or a link to the Sun's MDR menus on its Alaska sailings? I'm particularly interested in what regional dishes (crab? salmon? lobster?) are offered in the MDR. Trying to decide whether it's worth selecting the SDP as one of our "free" choices. Thanks!

I thought I would try posting here first because I believe there are some changes made to the MDR menus for particular itineraries to reflect regional specialties. For instance, an Alaska sailing might have king crab or chowders that a Caribbean or European sailing might not. Of course, that may not be the case. I will take your advice and pose this question there as well. Thanks!

I've read quite a few of your posts Budget Queen while researching this trip and know you've spent quite a bit of time in Alaska. I'm using a lot of the advice you've given to others in my trip prep. Thank you! I would love to know what some of your favorite eateries are in Ketchikan, Juneau & Skagway since those are the ports we will visit. Also visiting Seward area and heading up to Denali after our cruise and will be looking for good local samplings along the way.

As for dining on the ship, we are only considering eating elsewhere (besides the MDR/buffet) on board since an additional "free choice" is currently being offered. And I find it strange that there doesn't seem to be any copies of the Sun's menus available. While researching prior cruises on RCL Caribbean sailings, it seemed everyone posted copies of the menus in their reviews.

As suggested earlier, you need to post this on the NCL board. Someone (maybe KeithJenner??) posted all the menus on their instagram account. So you might do a search or someone may lead you to the correct thread. You are bombing out here.

Edited by pizzalady1

NCL has standardized menus fleet wide for the main dining room and specialty dining restaurants on the Sun. They are supposedly changing those menus for 2016. You won't find anything special/different for Alaska. (There isn't even lobster night anymore, although they're introducing a paid option for lobster in the MDR as an up charge item)