West Bay Beach

dakotahrb

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been to West bay Beach recently? How was it? What is the taxi fare from Mahogany Bay/ how long is the ride?

Hi. We were just at West Bay beach about a week and 1/2 ago. It was beautiful!! Our tour driver took us to Grand Roatan Beach Club / Condo since there is no fee. We got a table (with shade) at their beach restaurant/bar and ordered a couple drinks & appetizers. It's all the way down at the end of the beach where there is a rock cliff that you can swim by and snorkel.

** Not sure of price of a cab. The ride was about 35 minutes back to port. I would look at Rony's Tours - that's the one we did. Great service!! (or Bodden Tours) for prices on just the transportation to & from West Bay beach.

IMG_0251.jpg.870a61fd00ba56113c2a4cb0765de068.jpg

We recently went to Bananarama. The water is beautiful and sand is very soft. We also used Rony's tours. It was $25 pp for 4 of us, but check the website to be sure. (We also went other places.) The beach itself may provide transportation, but there were so many other places we wanted to see. There were plenty of watersports available to rent on the beach. Honestly, next time, I might try and find a club with no vendors, but we really enjoyed it and there were only 1-2 that were annoying. The others would chat with you and were very sweet.

Our taxi from Mahogany Bay to West Bay Beach was $15 per person one way with 4 people in the taxi.

That is a GREAT price,. thanks for sharing.

Edit, did not another of your posts say you want to Tabyana. How is that work? I though one had to organize through the cruise ship to get to Tabyana. I understand Tabyana is on West Bay Beach but I confused as you where you went.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. We were just at West Bay beach about a week and 1/2 ago. It was beautiful!! Our tour driver took us to Grand Roatan Beach Club / Condo since there is no fee. We got a table (with shade) at their beach restaurant/bar and ordered a couple drinks & appetizers. It's all the way down at the end of the beach where there is a rock cliff that you can swim by and snorkel.

** Not sure of price of a cab. The ride was about 35 minutes back to port. I would look at Rony's Tours - that's the one we did. Great service!! (or Bodden Tours) for prices on just the transportation to & from West Bay beach.

[ATTACH]374515[/ATTACH]

Did you dock at Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay? We are also booking with Rony for transportation to West Bay - did a couple of years ago, too but can't remember how long it took from MB. Did he still take you to his house/mother's store? Great tip about Grand Roatan -- hope too many others don't see it :D

• 10 months later...

[ATTACH]374515[/ATTACH]

How was the vendor situation there? Also, do they have any issues with cruise folks using their facilities?

• 2 weeks later...
How was the vendor situation there? Also, do they have any issues with cruise folks using their facilities?

There are vendors all over the beach but they don't bother you at Gran Roatan or Infinity Bay. Bananarama - they are all over the people in the front row chairs. Just be polite and say no thank you.