Labadee - Nellie's Beach Cabana

starfish216

Last year we rented a Cabana on Nellie's Beach and we had a cooler with bottle water supplied along with towels. My dad was also able to be driven via a golf cart to our Nellie's Beach Cabana.

This year I again reserved a Cabana at Nellie's beach but the description does not mention anything about bottled water or the use of a golf cart attendant.

We will be in Labadee again in a couple of weeks, do they still provide still provide a cooler with bottle water and is a golf cart attendant available to take my dad to the Cabana?

From the past I know the upgraded buffet was not included but I just read on CC that some folks at Nellie's Beach were able to access the upgraded buffet....is this true? If so, how was it decided who gets to go?

Thanks.

How many people will they allow? There are 6 adults and 2 young kids in our group and we will probably all be using it in passing but not all at the same time. :-/ I really don't want to purchase 2 cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Which cabana is the closest to bathrooms and does the cabana attendant bring the buffet or how far is the buffet area to go yourself. Thanks

We had cabana #10 which is the first one just past the beach area. It is considered a handicap accessible cabana. We were the last one to arrive on Labadee and that was the cabana that was left. We enjoyed it very much since it had a slanted walkway right down to the water. The cabana Attendant came and got us about noon and put us on a golf cart which took us over to the buffet. This was a few years back but, since the upgraded buffet seems to be included again, I would assume you could get a ride on a golf card to the buffet area. If you have to walk, it is not very far and there are sidewalks all the way over, much easier to walk on than walking in the sand. Since you can no longer reserve cabanas online, when you get on board the ship, head towards the Excursion Desk and request a handicap accessible cabana for your 80+ year old father. You won't be sorry.

If you go to the excursion portion on the dashboard of your reservation, you may find the cabanas listed. The price is up to $495 per cabana this year. It took a huge jump. When I rented one a couple of years back, it was only $250 per cabana. Anyway, if you go to the excursion portion of your reservation and it allows you to reserve one, jump right on it because, usually, you have to wait until you get onboard to reserve them. You probably will not be able to rent a specific cabana online but, if you can reserve one online, you need to go to the Excursion Desk once your are onboard and request the accessible one if it is still available if that is the one you want. Otherwise, they will be assigned in random order and you will get the one they assign to you. As I said, we were the last group to arrive for our cabana and the accessible one was all that was left and we loved it. Very easy access to the water. Some of the other cabanas had steps or ladders into the water. Not to good for your 87 year old dad. Good luck.