San Juan Beach Break at Uno Beach Club

New Jersey Jewel

Hey Mitsugirly...just realized you're cruising on Saturday. Enjoy the Breeze. :cool:

Do try the terminal suites and pool in the spa at least once. And the Ropes course. Be curious as to how you find St Kitts. This is our itinerary next Janauary on the Vista so looking forward to your review next month.:)

Best Crew.

Yep, will be on the Breeze and can't wait. :D

We never do the spa. I don't know. I have yet to justify the additional cost. The only way I'll probably ever do anything like that is if it's included or we have a spa room where it's included. I can't stay still for more than a few minutes and just sitting there...well, it's not really me. LOL I'm also the type you would never find me getting a massage either. I just can't process the thought of someone putting their hands on me like that. :o I guess I'm just weird.

I was there 2 weeks ago. The place was good, not fantastic. A beach with chairs, umbrellas and 6 drinks and a few choices for lunch for $45 is pretty good. The beach is huge and very public, but because it is so big there plenty of room for all.

As far as the price goes, here is what I did. The bill was a total of $180 for 4 adults. I know they like cash, because as in any business, cash is king. I went to pay our balance of $140 on a CC by mistake and the owner said cash only when he was standing right next to a CC machine. I said OK, cash with no tax? He was more than happy to do it.

I will be going back next time as there are not many beach options in San Jaun.

It's our first time, so "good"/no fantastic will work for us. We love the beach and if there's plenty of room to spread out, that's even better. :)

I was there 2 weeks ago. The place was good, not fantastic. A beach with chairs, umbrellas and 6 drinks and a few choices for lunch for $45 is pretty good. The beach is huge and very public, but because it is so big there plenty of room for all.

As far as the price goes, here is what I did. The bill was a total of $180 for 4 adults. I know they like cash, because as in any business, cash is king. I went to pay our balance of $140 on a CC by mistake and the owner said cash only when he was standing right next to a CC machine. I said OK, cash with no tax? He was more than happy to do it.

I will be going back next time as there are not many beach options in San Jaun.

I too had a conversations about the credit card payment. What i was told is had nothing to do about the taxes but about the credit card service fee of %5. that hey get hit for customers using the card. That is how island marketing got a great deal on the package. I spent about a week in PR and if i ate, drank and rented the chairs and umbrellas on the beach it cost over $70.00. I found it more than worth it. I also went to another beach club in Isla Verde called la plage and i spent a fortune for worst food and service. $10 dollar drinks killed us.

• 1 month later...

So we had our day at Numero Uno Beach Club (or Pamela's as they call it, which is the name of the restaurant).

It was a decent day there. The ocean was a little rough and it went from cloudy to sunny off and on during the day.

The staff was EXCELLENT with bringing us drinks and checking up on us. They provided my young daughter with sand toys to play with (free of charge) and they also allowed us to swim in their pool. Super nice people and I would definitely recommend them based on our experience that day.

Anyone wanting to read my full review, it's listed in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures from the place. :)

Anyone wanting to read my full review, it's listed in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures from the place. :)

Thank you for taking time to post all that. I appreciate it very much :)

Edited by halos

• 1 month later...
So we had our day at Numero Uno Beach Club (or Pamela's as they call it, which is the name of the restaurant).

It was a decent day there. The ocean was a little rough and it went from cloudy to sunny off and on during the day.

The staff was EXCELLENT with bringing us drinks and checking up on us. They provided my young daughter with sand toys to play with (free of charge) and they also allowed us to swim in their pool. Super nice people and I would definitely recommend them based on our experience that day.

It was my experience too! Only thing when i was there they specifically told me that i could not get into the pool. Didn't bother me because i am a beach person but wierd.

Thank you for taking time to post all that. I appreciate it very much :)

You are very welcome.

It was my experience too! Only thing when i was there they specifically told me that i could not get into the pool. Didn't bother me because i am a beach person but wierd.

Hmm, I wonder why they denied you access to the pool? We did ask (instead of just going in) and they just said "sure, have fun". The pool wasn't anything spectacular or big, but it was a nice way to end the day and our little one was so happy that she was able to do some actual swimming and wear her mermaid tail so it made the day. :)

• 5 months later...
You are very welcome.

Hmm, I wonder why they denied you access to the pool? We did ask (instead of just going in) and they just said "sure, have fun". The pool wasn't anything spectacular or big, but it was a nice way to end the day and our little one was so happy that she was able to do some actual swimming and wear her mermaid tail so it made the day. :)

I am not sure either but, i am glad it worked for you:-)

Really was not a big deal, was such a small pool, i enjoyed the beach very much and the all inclusive package was more than worth it. left very happy after the drinks:-)