Shark Ray/Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze

1cruisingal

We are thinking about going to Caye Caulker. How much is a golf cart rental for the day or hour? And if you are an observer do you still get to go on the boat and watch? We have a couple of children that I'm not sure would get into the water.

As BrotherCraig said, the golf carts aren't needed....but they sure were fun!! You can take them pretty much anywhere on the island including the beach area (some of the parking for oceanfront bars/restaurants was on the beach). They have fat tires and carried our chubby butts around for 2 hrs (2 carts for four of us). They charged us $25 each cart and we had them about 2.5 hrs. (We did not do the snorkeling, and only took the Coralbreeze tour to get to the caye).

SUPER fun day. WE want to go back for a week (split with Ambergris).

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking about going to Caye Caulker. How much is a golf cart rental for the day or hour? And if you are an observer do you still get to go on the boat and watch? We have a couple of children that I'm not sure would get into the water.

We just did this excursion last week(from NCL Getaway). Observers have the option to stay on the boat or to get off on Caye Caulker until the boat returns there for lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

We decided after studying all the responses on Royal Caribbean Belize snorkeling excursion to do the Shark one that I believe includes Caye Caulker. From what I have read, I think Coral Breeze direct does a better job and it is a lot cheaper. I hate to book an outside excursion at a tender port, but supposedly Coral Breeze says to allow two hours from ship arrival to get at meeting spot in plenty of time. But since Coral Breeze for some reason has not responded to my emails, I'm thinking of just doing Royal Caribbean after all even if the Coral Breeze one would have been better. Any thoughts?

I finally called up Coral Breeze- I asked why no response to my emails-

got a ridiculous answer and vagueness. Regarding my questions, this is what I was told: " If there are less than 10 persons from Royal Caribbean ships, they will cancel 10-14 days before the sailing. In the past, they have been able to combine passengers from different ships, but Royal Caribbean has several times changed their Belize arrival and departure times, more than any other cruise line. So usually if Coral Breeze cancels, it would be for Royal Caribbean passengers. They also don't schedule their tours more than 3 to 3 1/2 months before-- so they are good for people who just schedule things within a few months of sailing.

Between not responding to emails, relying on getting on a tender in a timely manner, not being flexible for Royal Caribbean ships with advance knowledge, that Royal Caribbean apparently does often change arrival and departure times in Belize for whatever reason--- I'm done.

I just booked with Royal Caribbean for similar excursion, yes more costly, and probably not as good as Coral Breeze would have been, but to me, not worth the hastle.

I've been trying to book with Coral Breeze on Oct. 5 for a few weeks. Their online calendar doesn't go past September and my emails have been ignored. I know they get good reviews, but this is a red flag for me too.

Belize is on Island Time. They don't have the technology that we do here in North America. Everything is very slow there. They will take a while to get back to you. The outfits there that are based out of the States are much quicker but the ones in Belize are slow. It is their culture. Most of Mexico and Central America is like that.

As for the calendar, they only do three months at a time.

a couple of emails- admitted they received them but chose not to answer because "we've had trouble with Royal Caribbean and besides, we don't schedule before a few months ahead" is not acceptable to be rude. If an email would have been sent back to me with those words, while annoying, ok.

I've taken many private tours on all sorts of excursions- have emailed as far as a year ahead asking questions, all have responded with some kind of response.

So it wasn't a question of that company not receiving my emails. They just chose not to answer them.