What do you like about Aruba?

carnival03

I'm having difficulty choosing an itinerary for our cruise next June, 2017, for our son's 21st birthday. We are a family of three and love the typical white sand, blue water beaches. Shopping is a plus and we love just being in a beautiful place! Here are my choices:

All leaving from San Juan...

Itinerary One: St. Thomas / Curacao / Aruba / St. Kitts

Itinerary Two: St. Maarten / St. Kitts / Antigua / St. Lucia / Barbados

Itinerary Three: Bonaire / Curacao / Aruba / St. Maarten

So what do you like about Aruba? What sets it apart from the options above, and which Itinerary would you choose?

Thanks for your opinion! :D

Aruba is a true desert island. Little elevation, which means very little rain...ever! Aside from irrigated hotel or home sites, you will not find the "lush, tropical" plants that you will on the other islands.

ST. Thomas' St. Johns island has the most gorgeous beaches you will find at any of the above mentioned ports. It's worth the short trip to St. Johns....I would skip the St. Thomas beaches, and get to St. Johns ASAP!!!

Aruba is a true desert island. Little elevation, which means very little rain...ever! Aside from irrigated hotel or home sites, you will not find the "lush, tropical" plants that you will on the other islands.

ST. Thomas' St. Johns island has the most gorgeous beaches you will find at any of the above mentioned ports. It's worth the short trip to St. Johns....I would skip the St. Thomas beaches, and get to St. Johns ASAP!!!

I've seen pictures and fell in love! That will be our plan if we choose that itinerary. Thanks for your input!