Venice:getting from ship to airport 8/22/16

cruiser1812

There would be a Reason that the cruise line says not to book flights prior to noon. The cruise line can not control immigration formalities or the dock workers who off load the luggage.

I wish you good luck with your plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

11 am flight is ridiculous

we are looking for helpful tips here not criticism , some of us dont have much of a choice on the flights we have to get due to connecting flights and other commitments , so if you have anything helpful please contribute .

If not ......................well !!!!!

we are looking for helpful tips here not criticism , some of us dont have much of a choice on the flights we have to get due to connecting flights and other commitments , so if you have anything helpful please contribute .

If not ......................well !!!!!

With a 10:45 departure, all we can do is wish you well and good luck. We will add our "crossed fingers" to your journey.

But if you are intent on the departure then have a back up plan for just in case. Know what your options are if things don't work out and what flights will get you to where you need to be.

I always find that when I plan for the worst and am prepared with Plan B then I rarely need it. It's only when I don't have a plan that I find myself up a creek.

If I'm not mistaken your ship is overnighting in Venice, why don't you disembark the night before and stay out by the airport. Accommodations are very reasonable in that area as all the tourists want to be in Venice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A 10.45 flight is no problem at all in VCE.

Do not believe the gloom and doom of previous posters.

Just self -disembark taking your luggage with you, arrange a taxi for 08.30h. And you will be at the airport 2 hours before departure, which is when the check-in opens anyhow.

There is no immigration issue to worry about by the way. (Schengen)

Ok People , I arrived in Venice this morning and done a little research before I left the airport and found out where the bag drop is ( I have fast track ) I know where to go to the security gates which is on a different floor so good work done there.

But the tip of the day is you can purchase a vip lounge ticket from the airport information desk in departures for €28 per person that includes a fast track pass through the security lines .

So I can't do anymore from my end I've given myself every chance to catch that 10:45am flight , the next post will be the result , good or bad .

Now I'm off for a beer and to enjoy this beautiful city and worry about the flight in 10 days time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone the final result is .................

I'm am now sitting in the airport vip lounge having breakfast with time to spare , everything went to plan , I got bumped up to gold to get my bags off the ship and be in the first group to disembark , NEWSFLASH *** you can self disembark in Venice but the trick is you have to just do it yourself, the ship will not give you this information as they will get a fine from the port but if you just keep your luggage yourself they will not stop you doing it , I got this from the hotel director when I complained to him that I was told I could not self disembark .

You can also skip the line as they hold the gold group until the bags are off loaded , I seen some people off the ship and out of the terminal at 7:50 am with their bags.

My driver was booked for 8:30 pick up and he was early I had my bags and was on the way to the airport at 8:15 and got to the airport at 8:38am , so it can be done !!! 👍🏻😝

A 10.45 flight is no problem at all in VCE.

Do not believe the gloom and doom of previous posters.

Just self -disembark taking your luggage with you, arrange a taxi for 08.30h. And you will be at the airport 2 hours before departure, which is when the check-in opens anyhow.

There is no immigration issue to worry about by the way. (Schengen)

The OP was from the US. Could be booked on one of the non-stops to the US. So, in the OP's case it is NOT Schengen, so Immigration procedures will be part of the equation.

There was another poster from Ireland, I believe, that asked about making tight flights in Venice. As of yet, I have not heard of Ireland being part of Schengen, either. So, unless they are flying into one of the Schengen countries first then transiting to another flight to Ireland, they still get stuck with the immigration checks at VCE.

I also have a early flight 11:30. But I figure since we're in the day before, and disembarkation starts at 6:00, we should make it. Since the transfers are so expensive, and there will probably be a line up for taxis, I was looking for a private pickup. I found on online that does it (1-2) passengers for a flat rate of 39 euros, and you can specify pickup time. I haven't yet booked it, and have never used the company, but they seem to be in all the major cities. I would just catch the airport bus if I was on my own, but I'm travelling with my mother with a walker so that's out. You can usually specify if you want to leave the ship independently a bit earlier when you fill out the disembarkation info card that you receive in your cabin. Hope this helps. this was the link for the website

http://www.airport-transfers-direct.com/venice-transfers/taxi-from-venice-cruise-terminal-to-venice-marco-polo-airport.html