Staying at margaritaville...

buckeye12

We are planning on staying at margaritaville in Hollywood for two nights would we be better off renting a car or finding another way to port of Miami? We are flying into ft Lauderdale..if we did rental car which company has a drop off location that will take us to the port? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning on staying at margaritaville in Hollywood for two nights would we be better off renting a car or finding another way to port of Miami? We are flying into ft Lauderdale..if we did rental car which company has a drop off location that will take us to the port? Thanks in advance!

That depends on whether you want to go anywhere else in Ft Lauderdale because you will have to pay for parking at that location whether you park with the hotel or public parking. The City of Hollywood actually owns Margaritaville's parking garage allowing them only about 100 parking spaces and the rest is rented out by the hour to the general public. Even all the street parking in that area is pay to park.

Personally, I would not because there is plenty to do right there on the Broadwalk and beach. Nick's located about 100 yards north of the bandshell on the Broadwalk has a killer grouper sandwich and is a great place to people watch on the Broadwalk.

Big Plus...Across the street at 5:00 Somewhere is a Hollywood Water Taxi stop which you can jump on and then transfer to the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi underneath the 17th Street Causeway after you cruise through Port Everglades.

Really...What more do you need?

So if I dnt do rental car which I really dnt want to how do I get to hotel from airport (fll) and to port of Miami?

Shared shuttle ($15 per person) or Larry's Limos (about $90 total) to the port and Uber or Taxi to Margarittaville.

You should use Uber to the hotel and Uber to the port. It will be much more convenient than having to get a car and you won't have to pay parking fees. It might turn out to be cheaper and more convenient than a rental car.

Download the Uber app to your phone if you don't already have it. If you are too anxious about finding your Uber driver at the airport, a taxi shouldn't cost more than $30.

If you use Uber for both rides you will be spending less than $50 total. You won't need Uber XL unless you have more than 2 large suitcases, so just order regular UberX.

• 1 month later...

I'm not one for Uber I guess I'm old school and rather do a taxi or shared shuttle...is Larrys the only one that goes to Hollywood? And does anyone know how much a taxi from fll to margaritaville would be? And from hotel to port? Trying to see how much to budget for transportation...thanks :)

I am doing something similar to the OP in November, staying a couple of nights pre-cruise at Hollywood Beach Marriott not far from Margaritaville, also flying into FLL Airport ... and looking for options to get to POM on cruise day other than the $70+ cab ride. (Like the OP, I'm not anxious to go the Uber route.) I'll be watching this thread for any & all suggestions ...