Brisbane's Fisherman Terminal

Mitchatl

I've seen one post about this, but I wanted some clarity on transportation from the terminal to the city. From what I have seen, most tours are located or begin in town which is about a 30 min or so drive. I heard that there was a bus that can take us from the terminal to the city (taxi looked too expensive). But someone mentioned that the buses are arrange by the line.

I'm on Celebrity Solstice and arrive on 3/23. Do I need to make advance reservations for a bus to get into town? Or can I just walk off the ship and a bus will be there to take me into town? Do they run on a schedule? B/c when I'm done with my tour, I would like to take the bus back to the ship.

Any advise or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Arrangements differ by line.

With Celebrity I believe you buy at the shore excursions desk a ticket, in advance. However, it's then up to you when you get off and use it, so you don't actually need to make a booking. So the latter part about walking off is correct and a bus will be there, just you need to have purchased a ticket before you get off. They run on demand sort of thing, i.e. fill up and depart, and there should always be a bus there, or within a few minutes.

Just an update from my research, so if anyone has firsthand knowledge and knows my information is incorrect, pls let me know.

I'm on Celebrity and they are not offering shuttle service from the port to South Bank or downtown Brisbane. I haven't found any local transportation such as buses or ferries that can bring us in from the terminal. One option is to take a taxi that costs about $50-70 usd one way. Another is to take a tour from Celebrity to the zoo (Celebrity does not offer the Koala Sanctuary). I haven't found anyone that offers transfers either. I believe that Uber would be the most economical way to go to the Koala Sanctuary (via river tour).

Thanks so much for the good news! I called Celebrity 2x and they said they didn't offer shuttle service.

Thanks again for the updated information! :D

It's organised onboard, rather than through the general admin e.g. like airport transfers, or bookable in advance. They don't have visibility of it at the call centre.