Is lunch at Kaibo Yacht Club worth it?

natalie2727

I am getting ready to book one of Captain Marvin's Stingray City and snorkeling tours (thanks to all of you here who recommended it). I am not sure whether to book the full-day tour (9:30-2:30) that provides lunch at the Kaibo Yacht Club, or the half-day tour (10-1) and get our own lunch elsewhere. Has anyone had experience with the full day tour, and would you recommend the lunch? It costs $65 vs. $40 for the half-day tour.

We were there in June with a waverunner excursion. I've copied in my post from another thread

The hot foot was a little pricey although I can't remember exactly what they had or how much it was. We went next door and bought a can of pringles.

At the Kaibo Yacht Club Beach Bar, I had a bananaberry daquari for $6.25 and my husband had a screwdriver for $5.25. I'm looking at our receipt right now and the register did the $ conversion. It says Liquor Sales: 11.50/ Total paid US $ 20/ Cash $16.00/change due $4.50 which was paid in Cayman $. We used $3.20 of the change and bought a can of Pringles at the little shop next door. Basically, we ended up paying $20 US for 2 drinks and a can of pringles and were left with $1.30 Caymanian as change(souvenier)

http://www.eandbcaymans.com/Cayman%20Kai.htm This link will take you to a Cayman's page. If you scroll about half way down there's a heading Kaibo Yacht Club and the picture right below it is the beach bar. The actual place to order drinks, etc, is right under where the white sign is hanging on the lower level. It is all open with tables, etc underneath or out on the sand. My DH says he could have spent 1/2 day there. I'm not sure doing what...it is just a place to sit and watch. There may have been some "action" around the property but we didn't venture away from the bar.

Vesta, thanks for the good info! I think we'll probably take the early 2 1/2 hour tour and go to the beach in the afternoon.

Just a quick note...you're going to find the food prices expensive everywhere on the island. An extra $25 for the extra time plus lunch is actually a pretty good deal. You're going to spend $15+ a person CAYMAN for lunch in any of the sitdown restaurants, at least. You might want to read some of the food and restaurant threads in this forum for more prices and menu discussions, and then make your decision about whether the extra $25 is worth it or not.

• 9 years later...

Our family of 7 is booked on Carnival Visa in February with a stop in GC. We want to take Captain Marvin's 2 stop snorkel trip with lunch at Kaibo Yacht club but pricey at $75 pp. Does anyone know what the lunch consists of and is the fish local. Twin 15 year old boys are fussy eaters and do not like seafood. Thinking we may just end up doing the 3 stop snorkel trip. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Just a quick note...you're going to find the food prices expensive everywhere on the island. An extra $25 for the extra time plus lunch is actually a pretty good deal. You're going to spend $15+ a person CAYMAN for lunch in any of the sitdown restaurants, at least. You might want to read some of the food and restaurant threads in this forum for more prices and menu discussions, and then make your decision about whether the extra $25 is worth it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Our family of 7 is booked on Carnival Visa in February with a stop in GC. We want to take Captain Marvin's 2 stop snorkel trip with lunch at Kaibo Yacht club but pricey at $75 pp. Does anyone know what the lunch consists of and is the fish local. Twin 15 year old boys are fussy eaters and do not like seafood. Thinking we may just end up doing the 3 stop snorkel trip. Any advice would be most appreciated.

I was just reading Captain Marvin's website and there's a notation that you can substitute BBQ chicken if you're not a fan of fish. Perhaps your boys would prefer that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Our group of 4 have booked the stingray tour with lunch at Kaibo. In season (Nov-Mar) besides lunch you also have an additional stop where they dive for Conch and you can help. The conch is served marinated with lunch and families can take a cleaned Conch shell home. Sounded kind of interesting.