What are some snoooze and cruise motels in miami

wwc

My wife and I are flying into Miami ( mia ) on the 12th of April 2017 and I'm trying to find a decent package that would pick us up from the airport to motel and next day to port and I guess no one transports you from the port back to airport so maybe a port shuttle or taxi ?

Any recommendations on motels ?

Does anyone know prices for a shuttle and taxi from port to airport?

I found a Hampton inn at 777 nw 57th ave.

the price is 212 for a king bed free shuttle from airport to motel and $12 each the next day to ship port.

Is this a good deal ?

is this motel nice and in a good area to walk to a place to eat, we will be arriving at around 8:30 pm

The airport isn't the best place to stay in Miami and don't book a hotel for the shuttle. Many people end up not using the shuttle and end up taking a cab which ends up negating any savings from the airport. Plus, it is a really crappy area.

Stay downtown, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, or South Beach.

Much better areas of Miami with fantastic dining and attractions.

Remember, Miami is a far superior city than any of your cruise stops. Make it part of your vacation.

As mentioned, only a few budget places near the MIA airport offer both airport and port shuttles - La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical Center are often suggested. Okay if you just want a bed and a ride to POM the next morning.

Better hotels in a better area near the airport are located in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood - Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. Most can arrange for a shared shuttle to POM for $10-12+ per person, or you can cab it for about $27-30

Cab fare from POM to MIA after your cruise is a flat rate fare (ignore the meter) of $27+tip

thanks for the reply's, I like the idea of better places close to the airport, looked at Hampton on 57th street has a nice deal.

Do you know of a place nearby that has a restaurant or bar and grill in the motel ,since we will be arriving late ( 9pm )some places may be closed and I don't think we will want a big steak dinner.

There is a strip mall across the street from the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon with sit down dining options (Italian, Chinese, etc.) as well as fast food places. If nothing else you can likely get pizza or something delivered to the hotel.

Have a great cruise! :)

We are flying in on Saturday morning into FLL for Sunday cruise out of Pom. Most likely will rent a car from fll and return to Mia. Where is best to stay one night?

Thanks for any suggestions.

We prefer to stay in the FLL area where hotels are generally cheaper than comparable properties in the Miami/Miami Beach area. Plus downtown Miami hotels (close to POM) charge guests $25+/day for parking! :eek:

The MIA airport hotels are fine only for those flying into MIA and arriving late.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.