Tours at Pier Santo Domingo?

bjay3

Anyone who has been to Santo Domingo recently - are there plenty of taxis for hire or small tour operators at the pier when you get off the ship? I'm just looking for an old city tour without having to walk in from Sans Souci(I think that's where we dock). Also, any idea of prices being asked for a city tour?

thanks

I see no-one answered your questions. I too would like to know the answer to your question. We are going NCL in January with a stop here and there doesn't seem to be much to do here. There are only 5 excursions being offered by NCL - two city tours, a golfing option, and two water based tours. Not much. Don't really want to spend the day on the ship, but there may be no other options if there aren't taxis available to do our own thing.

I agree, that's exactly what I'm looking for. We're possibly on the same cruise - Jan. 25 out of Tampa on NCL? Unfortunately I haven't had any reply to my question so not sure what we're going to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going on Carnival over Christmas - we have more excursion options, but I'm leaning toward just walking to the colonial zone. I've downloaded a tourist map and google map to my phone to be able to find some key points of interest. My only concern is that the closest bridge to the port does not seem to have a sidewalk. Google earth shows the distance at about a kilometer and a half.