Phu My transfer

Spanieleyes

Can anyone give me an idea of transfer times between Phu My and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) please? I have contacted some private tour companies and some quote 1 hour and some quote 2+ hours. Many thanks.

Both answers can be correct - will depend on day, time traffic conditions etc.

For example, weekends, traffic very heavy due to many locals visiting Vung Tau.

I would plan on about 1 1/2 hours each way to be on the safe side. Can be more, could be less

Thanks for the helpful replies :). I also wondered if anyone can recommend any tour companies? (Am I allowed to ask for recommendations on the forum?) The ones I have replies from vary greatly in prices quoted, for what seem to be a similar tours. We are looking at a general city tour of HCMC as none of our party have visited before.

• 4 weeks later...

It takes about 1 1/2 hrs from Phu My Port to HCM center city. I suggest that you should take a cruise shuttle bus to center city. Most attractive places (Ben Thanh market, Opera House, War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, HCM Post office, Notre Dame Cathedral...) are in a walking distance from bus stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, I will also be visiting Phu My this november via RCI Ovation. We are docked overnight. Any recommendations on the best way to enjoy Ho Chi Minh as well as how to get to and from the ship would be greatly appreciated.

Also plan to stay overnight is Saigon - hotels are very reasonable for a 3 star hotel and good standards as well -This will save you the trip back to Phu My unless you only want one day in Saigon and perhaps go to Vung Tau on your second day

• 1 month later...
Also plan to stay overnight is Saigon - hotels are very reasonable for a 3 star hotel and good standards as well -This will save you the trip back to Phu My unless you only want one day in Saigon and perhaps go to Vung Tau on your second day

Hi,

We are also on this cruise and plan to stay overnight to save the travelling.

Have you arranged your transfer yet, if yes who with please?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have booked my transfer via VN Rent A Car. They will pick me up from the port, take me into HCM city, cover the most prominent tourist spots and drop me back the next day.

Let us know how it goes (i've booked with them provisionally for February).

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I have booked my transfer via VN Rent A Car. They will pick me up from the port, take me into HCM city, cover the most prominent tourist spots and drop me back the next day.[/VN Rent A Car

Hi Phantom512,

How was your experience with VN Rent A car?

I wanted to book with them for my Jan 2017 trip.

Was it a 1 1/2hrs one way trip or longer?

Can you pls tell me how much you paid for the 2 ways transfer?

Thank you!!

I had a fantastic experience with vn rent a car. It was roughly 1.5hrs each way for the transfer. I stayed overnight, so i had a 2 way transfer plus city tour for $150. I highly recommend their services to anyone for this route

Thank you very much for your feedback!!