3 Ships in Port and we're the last one

3kids1dog

Hi there!

On the Glory next week, 3 of us for a girls' cruise:). And, while I know St. Thomas is equipped to handle lots of ships, there will be 3 there the day we are, (one is Harmony of the Seas). We get there last, at 11. Thinking of Secret Harbour or Saphire (can't spell it for the life of me, right now:D) anyone have a guess if they will be too crowded by then? Just looking for 3 chairs and a drink..:p I figure Meghan's will be packed, that was our other thought..or any other suggestions? We are coming in on the Glory.

Thanks!

Hi there!

On the Glory next week, 3 of us for a girls' cruise:). And, while I know St. Thomas is equipped to handle lots of ships, there will be 3 there the day we are, (one is Harmony of the Seas). We get there last, at 11. Thinking of Secret Harbour or Saphire (can't spell it for the life of me, right now:D) anyone have a guess if they will be too crowded by then? Just looking for 3 chairs and a drink..:p I figure Meghan's will be packed, that was our other thought..or any other suggestions? We are coming in on the Glory.

Thanks!

I think both SH and Sapphire are good choices for you. One possible problem with arriving at a Secret Harbor later is they can run out of umbrellas (and space) and there isn't much shade for day visitors.

The dive shop at Sapphire doesn't rent umbrellas but there is a lot of natural shade there. Some of the shaded area may be taken by condo guests by the time you arrive, but I think you would still find a nice spot because most day visitors hang around the dive shop as the sandier beach entry is there. It's rockier by the shaded area so you'd want to walk a short distance to get in the water. But the shaded area is a primo spot and is where we would park our chairs. You can see this area in the webcam.

So my vote is Sapphire! :)

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

Yes on the wwwcruisett.com site just select "Ships", then select your ship and choose the correct month and scroll to your date there. You will see what other ships are in port, and if you select a ship you'll see how many people on that ship. For example, in the attached link for Feb 1 and Feb 15 you are in port with about 16,000 fellow cruisers and you are docked from 8 - 5.

You can also select "Ports" and search by date.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Celebrity_Cruises/Celebrity_Silhouette/February_2017/

The cruise ship schedule at the vinow dot com site shows you have 2,886 people on your ship, and you are scheduled to dock at Crown Bay.