Budget hotel to park/sail NY for six people?

Driving in, party of 6, all over 18.

Looking to park at hotel and spend just one night... in one room if possible

Budget to me is $250 or less for the hotel room (but I realize six people could be an issue)

Is is possible to say budget and six people in one post? :D

June 2 to sail on Gem June 3rd

or

June 3 to sail on Breakaway on June 4th

Edited by turning40withMickey

Driving in, party of 6, all over 18.

Looking to park at hotel and spend just one night... in one room if possible

Budget to me is $250 or less for the hotel room (but I realize six people could be an issue)

Is is possible to say budget and six people in one post? :D

June 2 to sail on Gem June 3rd

or

June 3 to sail on Breakaway on June 4th

Not going to happen - too many people, too low a budget, and almost no park/sleeps at all for the Manhattan cruiseport.

Can you up your budget? Thus would perhaps allow you to stay an hour from the port in a less expensive hotel and pay the $40/day to park at the port.

Stay over in Newark. Opens many options for "free parking" with one night hotel stay. Never going to get 6 people in one room though. We've used the Wyndham Garden twice because they offer 21 day free parking. This time we're using the Ramada as it also offers transportation to the cruise port (were sailed RCCL this time) the two times we used Wyndham we sailed NCL. Check out trinityreservations to see if they have any packages for manhattan! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not going to happen - too many people, too low a budget, and almost no park/sleeps at all for the Manhattan cruiseport.

Can you up your budget? Thus would perhaps allow you to stay an hour from the port in a less expensive hotel and pay the $40/day to park at the port.

We can drive in on the day of the cruise, leaving early in the morning....seems like that is a better option than two hotel rooms. Mr. will be very tired after the drive, but I guess he can nap by the pool. :D

Thanks for your help!

Stay over in Newark. Opens many options for "free parking" with one night hotel stay. Never going to get 6 people in one room though. We've used the Wyndham Garden twice because they offer 21 day free parking. This time we're using the Ramada as it also offers transportation to the cruise port (were sailed RCCL this time) the two times we used Wyndham we sailed NCL. Check out trinityreservations to see if they have any packages for manhattan! :)

Thanks, I will look into Newark options.

It may be smarter for us all around to just drive in the day of.... Not much sleep the night before but less traffic at 4AM, too!

Thanks, I will look into Newark options.

It may be smarter for us all around to just drive in the day of.... Not much sleep the night before but less traffic at 4AM, too!

Newark is a highly urban industrialized area. Be choosy and post back for advice. A cheap hotel in Newark is a "cheap" hotel.

If you're leaving from the Manhattan port, then there is the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield, New Jersey.

It gives you a night stay, parking while on your cruise, breakfast and transportation to and from the cruise port.

I have booked that for my June cruise.

Have a wonderful time!

We are staying at the Hilton in Ridgefield NJ, cheaper to stay a night (2 of us) than drive up the day of cruise & park. Before we booked the hotel, I found a garage that is near the cruise terminal. You go there, they take you to the terminal then park your car, when you get back you call they bring your car to you and you put your stuff in and leave. That was just under $200. That would fit your budget better considering 6 people.

We are staying at the Hilton in Ridgefield NJ, cheaper to stay a night (2 of us) than drive up the day of cruise & park. Before we booked the hotel, I found a garage that is near the cruise terminal. You go there, they take you to the terminal then park your car, when you get back you call they bring your car to you and you put your stuff in and leave. That was just under $200. That would fit your budget better considering 6 people.

But you need to allow a stranger to drive your car around. If you're comfortable with that, fine. But realize that's what occurs