Tour Company-Acadia National Park Tours

lauren0309

Has anyone taken a tour with this tour company? Interested in tour of Acadia Park and Cadillac Mountain. Also wondering since Bar Harbor is a tender port approximately what time would be get off the ship after going through customs. It docks at 7 and the tour is at 10

DH and I did this tour two years ago. Their buses are old school buses but very dependable. We did the 10 AM tour and had plenty of time to get off the ship and find the pick up place. It is just up the hill as you exit the tender docking area. We really enjoyed our guide and the entire tour. The trip up Cadillac Mountain was great. We had a clear day and could see for miles.

DH and I did this tour two years ago. Their buses are old school buses but very dependable. We did the 10 AM tour and had plenty of time to get off the ship and find the pick up place. It is just up the hill as you exit the tender docking area. We really enjoyed our guide and the entire tour. The trip up Cadillac Mountain was great. We had a clear day and could see for miles.

OK thanks. I think we will purchase our tickets when we get off the ship. I read they are for sale at Tesla's restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, correct, but still the same question about getting the tour by 10:00?

Is the previous port (before Bar Harbor) in the US or Canada? If it is Canadian port, you will have to go thru customs first on board the cruise ship. If it is set up correctly and all goes smoothly, a 10AM tour would be the earliest tour you should book. If it is not and becomes a mad house, forget the 10AM tour..

SBtS

Is the previous port (before Bar Harbor) in the US or Canada? If it is Canadian port, you will have to go thru customs first on board the cruise ship. If it is set up correctly and all goes smoothly, a 10AM tour would be the earliest tour you should book. If it is not and becomes a mad house, forget the 10AM tour..

We will have come from Portland, Maine, so sounds like 10:00 should be good! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's okay to use an existing post versus posting yet another, similar question.

I'm seeing plenty of posts about morning tours, but I'm wondering about an afternoon tour time and what time it is necessary to get back.

My ship is in port from 7am - 6pm. I'm thinking about a 10am 2 hour cruise tour (lulu's), a quick lunch (any suggestions?) and, then, a 2pm Oli Trolley 2 1/2 hr tour. There is a 2pm tour offered through the ship for over twice as much, so would like to take the Oli tour to save $$. Do my plans sound reasonable? What would the last tender time be? 5pm? 5:30?

Thank you!

I hope it's okay to use an existing post versus posting yet another, similar question.

I'm seeing plenty of posts about morning tours, but I'm wondering about an afternoon tour time and what time it is necessary to get back.

My ship is in port from 7am - 6pm. I'm thinking about a 10am 2 hour cruise tour (lulu's), a quick lunch (any suggestions?) and, then, a 2pm Oli Trolley 2 1/2 hr tour. There is a 2pm tour offered through the ship for over twice as much, so would like to take the Oli tour to save $$. Do my plans sound reasonable? What would the last tender time be? 5pm? 5:30?

When you write 'quick lunch', do you mean like at a Wendy's or BK....? There aren't any in BH, but there is a Subway. Most other eateries are traditional restaurants. To save walking after the Lulu tour, I would suggest the West St Cafe which is almost opposite the entry/exit to where Lulu docks.

As for the tender, if the cruise ship departs at 6pm, then the last tender should be at 5:30pm. This will be posted as you leave the cruise ship.

Your plan seems reasonable to me.

SBtS

When you write 'quick lunch', do you mean like at a Wendy's or BK....? There aren't any in BH, but there is a Subway. Most other eateries are traditional restaurants. To save walking after the Lulu tour, I would suggest the West St Cafe which is almost opposite the entry/exit to where Lulu docks.

As for the tender, if the cruise ship departs at 6pm, then the last tender should be at 5:30pm. This will be posted as you leave the cruise ship.

Your plan seems reasonable to me.

SBtS

Thanks for the reply - with the recent Cruise Critic issues, I didn't think anyone would see my post!

Not looking necessarily for a BK or McDonald's; I just think I will only have an hour to eat. I would ideally like to have lobster, I guess, or, at least, a lobster roll. But, not really sure I'll have time. I do luckily eat fast.

Looks like there is only the 2 1/2 hour tours available for our cruise in June. Our ship's hours are posted as 8 to 6 PM. Does anyone have a pointer on which tour we should do, either the 10:00am or 2:00pm? Wondered about the morning rush being tendered to make the 10 tour?

Looks like there is only the 2 1/2 hour tours available for our cruise in June. Our ship's hours are posted as 8 to 6 PM. Does anyone have a pointer on which tour we should do, either the 10:00am or 2:00pm? Wondered about the morning rush being tendered to make the 10 tour?

There should not be a problem taking the 10AM tour, but be aware that if the prior port before Bar Harbor is Canadian then you will have to go thru customs before tendering in. If the customs process goes smoothly, then the early tour is still good.

You're right about taking the 2PM tour. You can tender in at you leisure. Have an unhurried lunch, and still have time before and after the tour to stroll about Bar Harbor. The down side I see is that you're limiting yourself to one tour.

SBtS