Need restaurant for Port Canaveral area.

Kathie13

The hotel restaurant is not bad.

But you have five very good restaurants within 0.3 miles from the hotel or next door – safe and easy walking. Preacher Bar is an interesting concept – classy yet eccentric with a different kind of menu! Kelsey’s serves popular Italian food. Zachary’s (until 3pm on most days) is Greek with a home-style menu. Thai Thai (you have to cross busy A1A) has the best Thai food in the area. Zarrella’s Pizza offers both Brick Oven and Wood Fire pizza as well as other Italian food.

You are just a short Uber ride from Grills and other port restaurants with water views.

Do know it is Spring Break and with the Oasis in on Sunday there are a lot of people in the area on Saturday nights - restaurants are packed.

Radisson-Location-Map.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Nice S.J., OP--Kelsey's and Zachary's are both very good. We like Thai Thai and then go to the Florida Beer Co Tap room for some great Florida craft beers. I'l add that Preacher Bar is an unique place worth a stop for a before or after dinner drink. They do have reasonably good burgers but it's mostly bar food on the menu and as these responses show you can do better. Kelsey's and Zarellas both deliver.

If you do take a taxi or Uber up to the Port Canaveral strip mall, you'll have a good choice of local seafood and shipping channel views. Fishlips and Grills are very popular but Milligan's and Rusty's have their selling points.

In short, you won't go hungry or have to travel far to enjoy a good dinner. Have a great cruise.

I work at Cape Canaveral AFS and some of our favorites are Grills for seafood, Thai Thai (egg drop soup!), and Papa Vito's down the road for pizza. One of my favorite places in Melbourne just opened up a location in Cocoa Beach (Coasters Taphouse) and early reviews are good.

For some good and reasonably priced brews, Florida Beer Company taproom is very good and they let you bring outside food in. Anything listed not within walking distance is easy to access via Uber.

Thanks everyone!! Grills seems to be liked by most. I'll tell you one thing for sure, it will not be the Lion fish!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the lion fish pretty much falls off the bones when you pick at it with a fork. It is a VERY mild white fish in flavor with big flakes in the meat. Grills does it up in an oriental glaze. What you see in the pic is actually an appetizer portion; the dinner would come with some sides.. Lion fish is not always available .....

BACKGROUND: lionfish is a BIG PROBLEM in the Carib and Atlantic right now. It is NOT native to the area, rather is an invasive species. They are BIG eaters and are decimating the juvenile fish of most every other species while at the same time being undesirable to almost every other predator in the sea. AND they won't take a hook nor do they school, so commercial harvest is almost impossible. These lil guys are a serious threat to reef health.

For many years divers in the know have speared these puppies and hungry divemasters discovered they are good eating when properly handled. Those dorsal fins have venom in the spines and grabbing the fish can be WAY MORE than just OUCH. On the other hand, caught and with the spines snipped off they are GOOD eating.

Grills was the first rest' that I noticed serving them (when available) and has expanded their efforts to buying lion fish from local divers (so long as they meet certain restrictions for size and preparation)

For this reason, Grills moved several places up on my list; and they were pretty high for general food quality even b4 this .....

• 2 weeks later...