Charleston; walking across the bridge

dcwalker

Has anyone ever stayed at a Mount Pleasant hotel, right at the end of the bridge, and then on cruise morning just walked over the bridge to the port?

You understand that the bridge alone is about 3 miles. It is not exactly an easy hike dragging luggage. (We have a annual Bridge Run in April that stats in Mt Pleasant and ends downtown and it is a 10k.) All total you are looking at probably close to 5 miles from hotel to port. I don't know where you are form or what sort of physical condition you are in but, speaking as someone who does the bridge run each year...the climb up is no joke and in the summer the heat here is brutal (like today). Take a cab or some other sort of transportation.

Thank you, Trucker Dave. Yeah, sometimes an idea enters my head and, you know, I have to hear from a reasonable person like yourself to shake it loose. By the way, what kind of fruit do you use to send messages? I think you just put another idea in my head.

Thank you, Trucker Dave. Yeah, sometimes an idea enters my head and, you know, I have to hear from a reasonable person like yourself to shake it loose. By the way, what kind of fruit do you use to send messages? I think you just put another idea in my head.

If you stay in MP and want to go for a nice run then certainly go over the bridge. The have a nice area for walking/running/biking that goes all the way across. Folks run it every day and the view is spectacular from the top.

Thanks for the additional info TruckerDave and Boston Mom. We sailed out of Charleston a year ago and I saw people walking across the bridge and I was tempted. Maybe this time if we get in early enough on Friday I'll try it before dinner.

Agree with Trucker Dave- you do NOT want to walk from a MtP hotel to the port with luggage! :D

I believe the actual bridge span is 2.5 miles, and peaks in the middle. So if you walk it for leisure, keep in mind the first half with be uphill. Many leisure walkers just walk that half then turn around and walk back down, rather than go all the way up/over/done and then again in reverse. If you have time, I highly recommend it. You can't beat the views!

Agree with Trucker Dave- you do NOT want to walk from a MtP hotel to the port with luggage! :D

I believe the actual bridge span is 2.5 miles, and peaks in the middle. So if you walk it for leisure, keep in mind the first half with be uphill. Many leisure walkers just walk that half then turn around and walk back down, rather than go all the way up/over/done and then again in reverse. If you have time, I highly recommend it. You can't beat the views!

I was close on the distance (the half way point of the Bridge run is right between the diamonds). ;p I thought the 1.5 miles mark was just was we start up but I guess it is a bit further back. The other end I just want to NOT DIE and finish so don't pay much attention to the 4.5 mile mark.. :D