How long to get from Grand Case to the pier?

Vagabondage

Hi --

Leaving on the Eclipse in just a few days and we're still mulling over our plans for St. M. There will be 5 ships in port, port load about 14,000.

We'd like to go to Grand Case this time, either by bus or taxi or combination of both. How much time should we allow to get back to the pier by either method in the afternoon? We'd like to be back at the ship by 4.

Is it generally necessary to walk clear to the courthouse to catch a bus on Back Street? I have mobility challenges so that would eat up a lot of time, but OTOH we like both the cost and the local experience of the bus option.

Thanks!

:) Judy

Hi --

Leaving on the Eclipse in just a few days and we're still mulling over our plans for St. M. There will be 5 ships in port, port load about 14,000.

We'd like to go to Grand Case this time, either by bus or taxi or combination of both. How much time should we allow to get back to the pier by either method in the afternoon? We'd like to be back at the ship by 4.

Is it generally necessary to walk clear to the courthouse to catch a bus on Back Street? I have mobility challenges so that would eat up a lot of time, but OTOH we like both the cost and the local experience of the bus option.

Thanks!

:) Judy

There's not a direct bus from the Cruise Facility to Grand Case.

You would have to catch a bus to Marigot and then transfer to a different bus to get to Grand Case. Same on the return trip.

If you make it to Grand Case, I would allow about 45 minutes to return to the Cruise Facility by Taxi, and 2 hours, at least, by bus.

The fare for two should be about $25 each way by taxi.

gary

• 2 years later...
There's not a direct bus from the Cruise Facility to Grand Case.

You would have to catch a bus to Marigot and then transfer to a different bus to get to Grand Case. Same on the return trip.

If you make it to Grand Case, I would allow about 45 minutes to return to the Cruise Facility by Taxi, and 2 hours, at least, by bus.

The fare for two should be about $25 each way by taxi.

gary

Hi Gary,

It's been a few years since this post -- do you happen to know the current rates to visit Grand Case beach from the cruise port? Are taxis readily available for the way back?

Thanks!

The latest chart that I have seen shows $25 for one or two between the Cruise Facility and Grand Case.

$10 per person for 3 - 5 passengers, and $9 for more than that.

I'd allow 45 minutes.

gary

I know there are supposed to be great restaurants in Grand Case. Which ones are open for lunch? Any have nice padded beach chairs/umbrellas? What is your favorite?

Rainbow Cafe offers beach chairs, free wifi, and bathrooms, as well as some great food. Every time I go, I get a cheese pissa because they are just so good. They have a great menu of other typical beach bar items, plus a lotg of good seafood items, but my cheese pizza has become a tradition :D

Rainbow Cafe offers beach chairs, free wifi, and bathrooms, as well as some great food. Every time I go, I get a cheese pissa because they are just so good. They have a great menu of other typical beach bar items, plus a lotg of good seafood items, but my cheese pizza has become a tradition :D

I second it..I love Rainbow Cafe...

• 3 weeks later...

Rent a 5 pas car from Hertz for $60 USD total per day, right inside the port Look at Le Testavin. in Grand Case Not inexpensive but worth the price. Right on the water with open air windows that bring the ambiance inside. I have dined here 3 times and enjoyed each visit. It is an easy drive.

• 5 months later...