Snorkeling and lobster lunch

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:03 AM.
Maine
16 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Has anyone experienced this type of excursion? We have never been to Antigua and trying to figure out what to do...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Point Pleasant, NJ
547 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by melobstah55
Has anyone experienced this type of excursion? We have never been to Antigua and trying to figure out what to do...
This would be more suited for Lobster Alive in Barbados. Not so much for Antigua. If .you want a first class dining experience in Antigua go to Jacqui O's. It is right on the beach and they have beds and loungers. Not sure about the quality of snorkeling there as it is a sandy bottom.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:

1994 Regal Empress
1994 Celebrity Horizon
1995 Regal Empress
1996 RCCL-Monarch of the Seas
1996 Carnival Sensation
1996 NCL Seaward
1997 Carnival Fascination
1997 Carnival Imagination
1999 Carnival Inspiration
1999 Celebrity Century
2000 RCCL-Monarch of the Seas
2000 Dawn Princess
2001 Celebrity Century
2002 Ocean Princess
2003 RCCL-Adventure of the Seas
2004 Golden Princess
2005 Celebrity Constellation
2006 Crown Princess
2007 NCL Jewel
2007 NCL Gem
2008 NCL Pearl
2008 Celebrity Summit
2008 NCL Pearl
2009 NCL Gem
2009 RCCL- Serenade of the Seas
2010 Celebrity Summit
2010 NCL Epic
2011 NCL Gem
2012 RCCL-Adventure of the Seas
2014 NCL Getaway
2015 NCL Breakaway
2015 RCCL- Allure of the Seas
2016 RCCL-Adventure of the Seas
2016 NCL Breakaway
2017 NCL Jade
2017 NCL Escape
2017 NCL Dawn
South Carolina
28,262 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
In Antigua we took an excursion thru Princess on a sailing catamaran with two beach stops and a lobster lunch (chicken was the other choice) -- no snorkeling on this one.
The grilled lobster was VERY good.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
1,796 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Check out Creole Cruises, we are signed up with them next January .. Snorkeling and lobster lunch.

Debr
Maine
16 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Originally posted by debr
Check out Creole Cruises, we are signed up with them next January .. Snorkeling and lobster lunch.

Debr
Thanks Debr, that was the name I found as well through some great reviews. We will go Nov 2018! Seems like forever! Have fun in January...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,796 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Thanks Debr, that was the name I found as well through some great reviews. We will go Nov 2018! Seems like forever! Have fun in January...
Great! They did have good reviews.

Debr
312 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Last November my friend and I took Creole Antique Cruises and it was BY FAR the best tour we have ever taken.
In fact we are confirmed on it again this November as well. I can definitely say that you will have a great time. Much better than the ship tour. They take you for a cruise along the coast then snorkel stop by Bird Island. The snorkeling is as good or better than in Roatan which compares itself to the Great Barrier Reef. The lobster is cooked fresh off the grill as you tour the island or swim. Then for the last stop to the starfish island. Starfish everywhere.
1,796 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Originally posted by fedexretiree
Last November my friend and I took Creole Antique Cruises and it was BY FAR the best tour we have ever taken.
In fact we are confirmed on it again this November as well. I can definitely say that you will have a great time. Much better than the ship tour. They take you for a cruise along the coast then snorkel stop by Bird Island. The snorkeling is as good or better than in Roatan which compares itself to the Great Barrier Reef. The lobster is cooked fresh off the grill as you tour the island or swim. Then for the last stop to the starfish island. Starfish everywhere.
Oh, thank you for posting .. I can't wait for our trip in January!

Debr
Maine
16 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
OK thanks for the post!! We are booking it
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
312 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
OK thanks for the post!! We are booking it
Forgot to mention that while you are eating your lobster lunch they have the picnic tables located in a few inches of water so your feet are in the water while your eating, how cool is that. Also, the view is amazing and the rum punch that is available all day is to die for.
Doesn't get any better than that....Enjoy.. I know we are counting the days until our next visit..!!!
Maine
16 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Forgot to mention that while you are eating your lobster lunch they have the picnic tables located in a few inches of water so your feet are in the water while your eating, how cool is that. Also, the view is amazing and the rum punch that is available all day is to die for.
Doesn't get any better than that....Enjoy.. I know we are counting the days until our next visit..!!!
Aaaahhh.. I am so glad I joined CC! I am very excited for you and me!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,796 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I saw those pictures on their website and thought that was very cool. Had hoped they had a catamaran instead of a "boat", but the rest of the experience sounds fabulous!

Debr
Binghamton, NY
1,060 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I booked one thru RCCL and it is on a cat with lobster lunch. We have done this before thru Celebrity and had a blast. Lobster was yummy!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
KAYE

Fort Wayne, IN
234 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by debr
I saw those pictures on their website and thought that was very cool. Had hoped they had a catamaran instead of a "boat", but the rest of the experience sounds fabulous!

Debr
We've done the lobster lunch with Creole Cruises Antigua several times and have never had a better time. Several years ago he designed and purchased a new boat which is very comfortable even in semi rough seas.

As for how they've fared through Irma, I've been in contact with them and they are fine.

We're booked on the Serenade of the Seas next March and I've already asked Creole to pencil us in for this excursion.

Sent from my X10 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jeff & Teresa

Caribbean Cruises

1/10/99 Carnival Paradise - Eastern Caribbean
1/7/01 Carnival Destiny - Southern Caribbean
2/9/03 Norwegian Sky - Eastern Caribbean
12/11/04 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean
12/4/05 Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
2/26/07 RCCL Empress of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
2/24/08 Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean
1/24/10 Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean
1/15/11 Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean
1/29/12 Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean
Tucson, AZ
2,682 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Do you know what the prices are for this trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

"Dad, don't worry about missing the beach, Arizona is all beach, just no water"
Fort Wayne, IN
234 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by AZbeachboy
Do you know what the prices are for this trip.
There's a $30 deposit required when you reserve through their website at www.creoleAntiguatours.com. Balance due at the end of the excursion if paid in cash is $90.

Sent from my X10 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jeff & Teresa

Caribbean Cruises

1/10/99 Carnival Paradise - Eastern Caribbean
1/7/01 Carnival Destiny - Southern Caribbean
2/9/03 Norwegian Sky - Eastern Caribbean
12/11/04 Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean
12/4/05 Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
2/26/07 RCCL Empress of the Seas - Southern Caribbean
2/24/08 Norwegian Spirit - Western Caribbean