UNA Hotel Venezia

Surrealistic

Yes, thanks, I just was looking for someone who might have done the trek with luggage in hand to assess the feasibility of staying there. It's less expensive and more away from the tourist area, so I want to make sure I can physically get there, ykwim. :)

You can take a water taxi according to the hotel website -- least hassle, most expensive but it gets you door to door.

Otherwise, you can get the ACTV bus (luggage storage beneath) to Piazzale Roma. From there you will walk to the Vaporetto stand (not far), and get yourselves and your luggage into the vaporetto. Supposedly you are allowed one larger suitcase per person on the vaporetto -- don't know if they'd actually call you on it if you have more, but storage space is at a premium.

About 20 minutes later, you get off the vaporetto at Ca' d'Oro stop. It sounds from the description like you have to cross one bridge (toting luggage) and after that it's another 50 meters, i.e., about half a football field.....

If you're up for that, it's much cheaper.

Almost nowhere in Venice outside of Piazzale Roma is both cheap AND easy to get to; one has to choose cost vs. convenience.

We stayed there 3 years ago and loved it, will be there for 3 nights in Oct. We used a water taxi and will again, thrill of a lifetime! At this hotel you are in the real, not touristic Venice, well worth it. Great breakfast, afternoon buffet, good advice from staff.

We stayed there 3 years ago and loved it, will be there for 3 nights in Oct. We used a water taxi and will again, thrill of a lifetime! At this hotel you are in the real, not touristic Venice, well worth it. Great breakfast, afternoon buffet, good advice from staff.

Thanks, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for...........from someone who's stayed there. We booked for two nights next May. It looks heavenly and

although I don't overpack and don't mind walking, we will be arriving on a red- eye from NY. Did you get a water taxi directly from the airport? TIA.

Yes, we reserved online which was a good idea as we jumped the extremely long line. Short downhill walk to the taxi. Most glamorous thing, heading into Venice standing in the back...you will never forget it! We also used the water taxi back to the airport. Watch the movie The tourist before you go,