cheese shop close to port

tigercat

Can anyone tell me how far it it is to go to a shop that sells cheese that is really close to the port? I can't walk very far but might have a scooter to get to it but would like to know how far it is. I would love to get some nice cheese.

tigercat

is that before you get on the ferry or after the ferry?

Not even close to the ferry or in the port. You must actually exit the port through the main gates, turn left, and then walk along the sidewalk towards town. Have not personally stopped at this shop, but we have been to Chesterfields for a few drinks.

Hank

is that before you get on the ferry or after the ferry?

Its very easy to find. When you exit the port follow the signage that directs you to the town of Phillipsburg. It's about a 5 minute walk. Chesterfield's is a great place to stop in for a drink or meal and for a rest if you need it.

The Amsterdam Cheese and Liquor Store is in Dock Maarten about a quarter mile from exit from pier area - so, easy five minute walk or so (if walking) as others are saying. I am trying to remember the walk - it may all be easily doable by scooter - but I cannot remember well enough to be sure. If you want to doublecheck that they are still there, open, accessible, etc. - the phone number shown online is 721-581-5408.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been to the cheese shop, plan to on my next visit.

Here are my notes based on research:

Amsterdam Cheese & Liquor Store "look for the cow statue out front"

Cheeses (free samples), fresh pastries, ice cream. Also have a great selection of wines and liquors to choose from.

Great gift ideas and a broad variety of items. Gadgets and more. Dutch souvenirs and chocolates.

All items are packed for export and easily pass customs inspection.

"I found their wine and champagne prices better than the duty free shops in town." poster 1/15