Has anyone used Island Marketing for booking excursions?

Beachygirl48

We are going on the Oasis in Oct. Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. I have found excursions through Island Marketing Ltd to seem really good. And they are in every port we are going to. But when I try to research them there are only very old reviews. Has anyone used them and what do you think of them?

We are going on the Oasis in Oct. Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. I have found excursions through Island Marketing Ltd to seem really good. And they are in every port we are going to. But when I try to research them there are only very old reviews. Has anyone used them and what do you think of them?

I used this tour company in the Cayman Islands back in 2009. We did a wave runner excursion to Stingray City. To this day it still stands out as one of the very best tours we've ever done! Staff were great, very helpful, friendly and mindful of the ship's time and getting us back to port on time. I'm thinking of using them again on my upcoming cruise in December in either St. Martin or Barbados. Long story short - I would recommend them! Hope this is helpful :)

• 2 weeks later...

We used them in St. Martin & did the ATV tour. I was not really on board with this, but my hubby really wanted to do something different in port. Turned out to be the best excursion we've ever been on (and we've been on a lot of excursions).

We will definitely use them again and I have no problem recommending them to others.

We used them in St. Martin & did the ATV tour. I was not really on board with this, but my hubby really wanted to do something different in port. Turned out to be the best excursion we've ever been on (and we've been on a lot of excursions).

We will definitely use them again and I have no problem recommending them to others.

I was thinking of this tour in St. Martin. Do you mind sharing your experience with me? I'd like to get to Maho to see the planes. Did you stop by Maho at all? If not, is there time to do that after the excursion? We did ATVs in Belize last year and it was boring. All we did was go around in circles in what seemed to be the persons back yard. Hopefully this one is a little better then that.

We just did this trip the end of Sept on the Allure of the Seas. If you want to do the Jetplane landing experience at Maho, this would be a good one for you. They took us on an island tour, then over on a ferry for lunch to Pinal Island (which was just gorgeous) after which we had a snorkel and crashed on the beach. We rounded off by calling at a place called Sunset beach bar at Maho, for a drink while we watched a JUMBO scream in right over our heads. For the money it was a good all round day out and although it was the first time ive used Island Marketing, we would definitely use them again. Only six of us on the tour, and for $69 you cant really go wrong for what was included.

Doing a western Caribbean cruise in January, does anyone know how Roatan is (safe?), and any suggestions for stuff to do there?

Edited by catatoniccruiser
need suggestion

We just did this trip the end of Sept on the Allure of the Seas. If you want to do the Jetplane landing experience at Maho, this would be a good one for you. They took us on an island tour, then over on a ferry for lunch to Pinal Island (which was just gorgeous) after which we had a snorkel and crashed on the beach. We rounded off by calling at a place called Sunset beach bar at Maho, for a drink while we watched a JUMBO scream in right over our heads. For the money it was a good all round day out and although it was the first time ive used Island Marketing, we would definitely use them again. Only six of us on the tour, and for $69 you cant really go wrong for what was included.

Doing a western Caribbean cruise in January, does anyone know how Roatan is (safe?), and any suggestions for stuff to do there?

Thanks for the info. I'll check out that excursion. For Roatan, last year we did a Victor Bodden tour. You get a private driver (Tex who was the best) who is yours for the day. We Ziplined, saw the monkeys, did an island tour when the skies opened up and our day was shortened :(.

Definately check out the Roatan boards and Victor Bodden. I would highly recommend them.

I'm looking at what to do in St. Maarten and considering this tour. I'm mainly interested because it goes to Pinel Island and I'd be too nervous to go there not knowing if I'd be able to get a cab back. Did this tour stop in Marigot? If so, for how long? I'm not crazy about going to Maho, but BF saw it on Atlas Obscura and asked if we could go there. I read some reviews that said the Maho stop was earlier in the day, so I'm glad to hear it is later because if I have to take a tour that includes it then I want to see a big plane!

I used this tour company in the Cayman Islands back in 2009. We did a wave runner excursion to Stingray City. To this day it still stands out as one of the very best tours we've ever done! Staff were great, very helpful, friendly and mindful of the ship's time and getting us back to port on time. I'm thinking of using them again on my upcoming cruise in December in either St. Martin or Barbados. Long story short - I would recommend them! Hope this is helpful :)

We are booking the "tiki" beach to Pinal Island with this tour company in Dec. When will you be on St. Martin? We will be on the Carnival Valor.

We have also use this tour company 4 times already, twice on Cozumel, once on Gr.Cayman and once on St. Kitts. Never had a problem with them!:)

I'm glad you started this thread. I started one back in August, but haven't gotten too many replies. :( I was hoping to get more info. on the "tiki" beach tour to Pinal Island. So if anyone out there has done this tour I would love to have more details of what you did. :)

Have used them 4 times so far, twice on Cozumel, once on Gr. Cayman and once on St. Kitts. Never ever had a problem.

We will be using them again this December on St. Martin. We are doing the "tiki" beach tour to Pinal Island. I would recommend them. :)

Edited by Limeia

Roatan is very safe.... we did ziplines /Tabayana Beach through Carnival when were there last year! According to our driver, there is very little crime on Roatan... essentially the criminals have no where to go to get away since it is such a small island!! They are far from mainland Honduras so you don't have any of that negative stuff there! We are going back to Roatan on a Christmas cruise and have booked an island tour with Victor Bodden which had great reviews and looks awesome!! Hope that helps, have a great cruise :D

Thanks to everyone for posting these replies... I had essentially exclued Island Marketing based on the Trip Advisor reviews! Glad to see so many people had good experiences I will give them another look for my St. Maarten stop!!:)

• 2 months later...
I'm glad you started this thread. I started one back in August, but haven't gotten too many replies. :( I was hoping to get more info. on the "tiki" beach tour to Pinal Island. So if anyone out there has done this tour I would love to have more details of what you did. :)

Have used them 4 times so far, twice on Cozumel, once on Gr. Cayman and once on St. Kitts. Never ever had a problem.

We will be using them again this December on St. Martin. We are doing the "tiki" beach tour to Pinal Island. I would recommend them. :)

Sorry for reviving an old thread. I am currently looking at Island Marketing tiki beach tour and can't find much info on the company or many reviews. SAw you were going last month and was wondering how it went for you?

Edited by kristen89

Uh I feel a little weird asking this, but just straight up; I looked at this tour on trip advisor and people were saying they paid hundreds, I means hundreds. Is that right? I need to keep looking if so. I am used to under $100 pp for a day of snorkeling and cheap rum punch on a boat.

Uh I feel a little weird asking this, but just straight up; I looked at this tour on trip advisor and people were saying they paid hundreds, I means hundreds. Is that right? I need to keep looking if so. I am used to under $100 pp for a day of snorkeling and cheap rum punch on a boat.

Which tour? Island marketing is a company with many tours in many coutries. I'm looking at the tiki hut tour for St Martaan and it was only $69 for 6 hours. I'm the same and wont pay more than $100 and most times less than that.

I just booked three excursions with Island Marketing for our upcoming cruise next week. I've always booked them with the cruise company but some of my other cruising friends said that they almost never book thru the cruise lines. So I thought I would give it a go. I'll repost when I get back to let you know how it went. So far it's been very easy. Book online and then get the confirmation. I've gotten two of the three so far. just waiting for one more.

I used them for 2 excursions. I received one confirmation within a day, but I have been waiting a few days now for the one in Roatan. Anxious to get it as we are cruising on Jan. 26th. They did charge my credit card already.

I used them for 2 excursions. I received one confirmation within a day, but I have been waiting a few days now for the one in Roatan. Anxious to get it as we are cruising on Jan. 26th. They did charge my credit card already.

You might want to check which pier your cruise docks at in Roatan. We went there once on RCI and once on Carnival. The RCI was a piece of cake - just walk off the ship and go. At the Carnival dock, private excursions were not allowed near the dock. It was a long walk up and then down a very steep hill to get to the place where the private excursions were picking up clients. It was a madhouse and my one less than perfect dealing with Island Marketing. They were there, but had not brought enough transport for everyone, so there was a lot of milling around and confusion for about 30 minutes while they straightened it out. Everyone ended up where they needed to be, but it wasn't a good way to start the day. Any other time I have used Island Marketing, it has been exemplary.

Note - there are taxis available for that trek up and down the hill. Now that I know better, I'll take the cab!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

We loved Roatan we went outside hired a taxi driver for the day I think it was $25 per person and they stayed with us the whole time. He recommended Half Moon Bay which was super quiet with a little beach bar then you could walk to the resort around the corner and it had lobster and crab for $12 per person with snorkeling right off the deck.

• 2 weeks later...

I did, and it was not the best... I will update review if they do not refund the money as they promised. So far they have been great in responding to the issues I have... and I will say, I booked with them a total of 5 times and they first four times were great, but this last tour guide in St Maarteen was horrible... but as I said the company was quick to respond to my email and are in the process of having the operator refund what we spent.