USS Arizona Memorial dock replacement June 13 - June 26, 2016

greatlakesgirl

Just a heads up for anyone going to PH during that time frame. You will not be able to disembark onto the memorial, however the boats will still be running for a water tour of the area. Everything else is fully operational.

More here: https://www.nps.gov/valr/learn/news/dock-replacement-at-world-war-ii-valor-in-the-pacific-national-monument.htm

Edited by greatlakesgirl

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the sad news.... That is exactly when we will be there....

Oh no, our friends we are cruising with have tickets for June 18. This was one of their 'must do' things for our trip. Guess I will have to give them the bad news :(

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :( I would definitely still go to Pearl Harbor, though! There is so much to see and do there and you will still get to take the launch out to see the Arizona, you just won't be able to disembark. I would definitely still go!

• 1 month later...

Don't forget there is a free shuttle bus to Ford Island that takes you to the USS Missouri battleship (moored directly behind the Arizona) and Pacific Aviation Museum. Also the USS Bowfin WWII submarine is moored next to the visitor center, at the opposite end of the complex from the Arizona tour boats.