ziplining

tcbeau

We haven't yet tried the Original Virgin Canopy Tour and know little about it but it looks great after looking into it. You can e-mail then for pricing, looks like it's about 5 miles from port or so... let us know what you find out!

https://www.facebook.com/ovctbvi/timeline?ref=page_internal

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Johnson's+Ghut,+Tortola&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl&output=classic&dg=brw

http://www.bvitourism.com/activity/original-virgin-canopy-tour

Johnson's Ghut, Tortola

(284) 494-9239

originalvirgincanopytour@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

I found the Baths to be over rated and dangerous walking through the tight spaces for someone who is claustrophobic as I was. Also when I made it from one beach to Devils Bay area, I was swimming through some rock formations and got caught by the current and pulled under and really roughed up. I am a strong swimmer but it knocked me against the rocks leaving me bruised and cut. I also, did not find the beaches to be really fabulous. Each area was small and the granite was just big boulders. I did not find the beauty as others did. I would rather take a beautiful sandy beach without the boulders scattered all in the shoreline.

I found the Baths to be over rated and dangerous walking through the tight spaces for someone who is claustrophobic as I was. Also when I made it from one beach to Devils Bay area, I was swimming through some rock formations and got caught by the current and pulled under and really roughed up. I am a strong swimmer but it knocked me against the rocks leaving me bruised and cut. I also, did not find the beaches to be really fabulous. Each area was small and the granite was just big boulders. I did not find the beauty as others did. I would rather take a beautiful sandy beach without the boulders scattered all in the shoreline.

This is one point where Blue Water and I disagree. Like you, I too do not see the big deal of the Baths. While I don't see them as dangerous I just don't see the great beaches or the draw of the place. In my opinion, there are much better places to swim or snorkel in the BVI and walking amongst the rocks just doesn't get me going. But, that being said, to each their own. :)

You are the first person that agreed.... I found nothing beautiful about the beach. As a matter of fact, friends stayed in Tortola and went to Crane Garden Bay and pictures were amazing. The only unique thing about The Baths was that there were many boats docked near where the passengers just jumped into the water and went to the beach. The granite was not pretty patterns like we see on countertops...they were just huge rocks. The dangerous part was the tide changing while i was swimming through the rocks to get to one side of the beach in devils side. I am a good strong swimmer and it knocked me around so badly. Then it is a 15 minute walk, which I am very capable of, back to the area for the pick up. All in all, for all the excursions ever taken, it ranks on the bottom. If you are tall, it is hard to get through many of the rocks to get through areas. If you are claustrophobic the area where the rope is on the huge rock to pull yourself up was overly crowded by people coming in both directions. I felt trapped in there. I actually hated the Baths....

You are the first person that agreed.... I found nothing beautiful about the beach. As a matter of fact, friends stayed in Tortola and went to Crane Garden Bay and pictures were amazing. The only unique thing about The Baths was that there were many boats docked near where the passengers just jumped into the water and went to the beach. The granite was not pretty patterns like we see on countertops...they were just huge rocks. The dangerous part was the tide changing while i was swimming through the rocks to get to one side of the beach in devils side. I am a good strong swimmer and it knocked me around so badly. Then it is a 15 minute walk, which I am very capable of, back to the area for the pick up. All in all, for all the excursions ever taken, it ranks on the bottom. If you are tall, it is hard to get through many of the rocks to get through areas. If you are claustrophobic the area where the rope is on the huge rock to pull yourself up was overly crowded by people coming in both directions. I felt trapped in there. I actually hated the Baths....

Yes, we've had this discussion already, and the feedback from many first-time visitors are in stark contrast to your experience. But as mentioned - to each their own. :) The Baths and Spring Bay are nice to visit by boat as well.

And Cane Garden Bay is a nice, large beach and a fun evening spot for happy hours and dinner and meeting new friends. But when cruise ships are in it's a great spot to avoid. And there are much nicer beaches on Tortola for swimming or snorkeling.

Yes I know we differ on The Baths. I am not a willy nilly....and I hated the Baths....end of conversation. You did help me in finding some beach options but friends did say they LOVED Cane Garden Bay. I am looking for options for my next Tortola trip. Since we are on a cruise ship visiting I am aware that the beach will be crowded. ( Silly me, I thought it was Crane...thanks for the correction!)

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

CGB certainly has the most activities but as Blue said, on cruise days it can get pretty crowded. My favorite BVI beach is not readily accessible to the cruise crowd, Cow Wreck on Anegada. :D

;) AMEN :)

I haven't followed the news on what other major cruise lines will eventually be berthing at the cruise pier. But if more join in I can see beaches like Smuggler's and Brandywine being developed to accommodate the influx, and we may have to start staying on Anegada! Oh well...someone has to do it! :D