Any designer handbag outlets here?

cruisinqt

A few years back my girls and I had a blast shopping for designer purses at outlet stores in Belize. They were a fraction of the cost in department stores. :) It's now become a tradition for us. Is there anything like this in Curacao?

It appears you've posted this on several Caribbean POC boards.

Wouldn't it be easier to go to the website of the designer(s) and see where their stores/outlets are located?

I'm a Coach person. I would never, ever buy one of those counterfeit bags they sell in some of the straw markets. But I have been known to purchase authentic bags in stores in the Caribbean. Bought two cute, deeply-discounted bags in Old San Juan last November. Hope to do the same this year. :D

Aruba has all the name brand designer handbags but not at outlet prices.

There are some very poor imitations in sidewalk stalls but they are not authentic.

When in Aurba, the one handbag I always seek out is Alviero Martini as they are not sold in U.S. I have bought them in Curacao in the past but Gandleman's is no longer present in Curacao. That is the only store I know of in Aruba that sells them but there are two locations, at least. I first bought them in Italy and Netherlands (Rotterdam) and years ago found them in St. Maarten.

The patterns I love are the Geo Collections, sienna in color with various maps printed on various handbag styles.

They are well made, stand up well and I get so many compliments on them.

This is what they look like:

http://www.alvieromartini.it/us/

It is only recently they have become available for purchase on line so far as I could find.

Edited by sail7seas

Aruba has all the name brand designer handbags but not at outlet prices.

There are some very poor imitations in sidewalk stalls but they are not authentic.

When in Aurba, the one handbag I always seek out is Alviero Martini as they are not sold in U.S. I have bought them in Curacao in the past but Gandleman's is no longer present in Curacao. That is the only store I know of in Aruba that sells them but there are two locations, at least. I first bought them in Italy and Netherlands (Rotterdam) and years ago found them in St. Maarten.

The patterns I love are the Geo Collections, sienna in color with various maps printed on various handbag styles.

They are well made, stand up well and I get so many compliments on them.

This is what they look like:

http://www.alvieromartini.it/us/

It is only recently they have become available for purchase on line so far as I could find.

Those are great looking purses! I might try to look for one in Aruba. I noticed quite a few of the purses I was interested in were on sale. Did you find a good price on them, when you were in port?

Thanks

Those are great looking purses! I might try to look for one in Aruba. I noticed quite a few of the purses I was interested in were on sale. Did you find a good price on them, when you were in port?

Thanks

The only store I know you can buy them in Aruba is Gandleman's Jewelers. They have a leather department in their two downtown stores. Both of the stores are walking distance from the ships.

The prices are lower than Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Fendi but they are of at least equal quality and the map patterns are fabulous. I have a small collection of their handbags and never carry one that someone doesn't compliment and inquire about them.

Edited by sail7seas