on board credit

tampadee

[quote name='tampadee']If I have left over obc at the end of the cruise, is it credited back?

I know there is refundable and non-refundable, so I'm talking about refundable.[/QUOTE]

...then, yes. Give them a few weeks. I believe they send a cheque.

[quote name='tampadee']If I have left over obc at the end of the cruise, is it credited back?

I know there is refundable and non-refundable, so I'm talking about refundable.[/QUOTE]

I had my refundable OBC credited to my form of payment (credit card) in about a week.

[quote name='TifffanyD']If it's refundable OBC from a TA it will end up going back to the TA, I believe[/QUOTE]

My refundable OBC from the TA came back to me. I certainly didn't pre-pay for any OBC, so where else could it have come from?

On my last cruise I had more OBC than it looked like I would use, some of it non-refundable. I bought a Future Cruise Credit, and the problem was solved. :-) Edited by Valen9

[quote name='countess5']How do you know if you have refundable or non-refundable credit. We have $300 OBC when we sail in January on the Getaway. NCL provided the OBC when I booked. Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's non-refundable. Refundable is the type you purchase yourself, for cash... or somebody (your travel agent?) purchases for you.

If it's promotional, or attached to your fare, it's non-refundable.

The non-refundable OBC is promotional. What you get from the cruise line or your TA. Even you purchase OBC, the cruise line uses your promotional OBC first. Depending on how you purchase OBC will mandate how you are returned unused OBC. If you purchase OBC with your credit card, that is how it will be refunded to you. If you purchase OBC with cash, you will be refunded cash before disembarkation. Either way, the cruise line will not let you disembark without rectifying your account. My wife and I always purchase additional OBC with cash, so that if there is unused OBC we get it back in cash upon disembarkation. We come to understand that unused OBC purchased with credit is returned, but to my knowledge it takes entirely too long. I hope this was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
Can the credits be used towards the gratuities onboard ?

I hope this was not yet asked. I did try and search the NCL forums for the answer. It will be our 1st time on NCL, I am a newbie with NCL.

I got $ 150 onboard credit from the TA ( I think) She said it was a $100 + another $50 we earned somehow as well. She did not say who gave it to us..if it was the agency or NCL.