Port side or Starboard?

~Jo~

Planning on booking a cruise on the Dawn for April. It will be at Kings Wharf for 3 days. We have been on the Dawn twice already but always inside cabins. This time we are getting a balcony. Which side of ship is better to book for the view. And, what kind of view will we be getting? Our first and only time in Bermuda was about 10 years ago on the Zenith and we went to Hamilton I believe.

Thank you CC'rs for your help and opinions

~Jo~

Planning on booking a cruise on the Dawn for April. It will be at Kings Wharf for 3 days. We have been on the Dawn twice already but always inside cabins. This time we are getting a balcony. Which side of ship is better to book for the view. And, what kind of view will we be getting? Our first and only time in Bermuda was about 10 years ago on the Zenith and we went to Hamilton I believe.

Thank you CC'rs for your help and opinions

~Jo~

You'll get opinions...just not sure how much they'll help ;)

From what I've been told, sometimes they dock starboard, and other times they dock port. It seems to depend on training or maintenance issues...or maybe they just flip a coin. :eek: Either way you're taking a chance.

Then what really makes this a hard question to answer is the "better view". You'll either get a view of the pier or the water. Some will say one is better, others think the opposite....and I don't know which you prefer.

My recommendation (since you take a chance either way) would be to book an aft balcony cabin. That way your view will be the same no matter which side the ship docks on...and you'll have the added benefit of the wake (and no wind) during the time at sea to and from Bermuda.

Most of the time Dawn docks portside - a couple or so times starboard side. Once this year she switched sides overnight.

Crap shoot, really. If I were you I'd book a balcony cabin portside and enjoy sunset cocktails/liqueurs (depending on the month).

Every year we book the Dawn on different sides of the ship in hopes of getting a different view. Each year we keep missing it and our view is the bay. Not that it's a bad view....beautiful really. But, we'd like to view the pier at some point.... guess we'll just have to keep booking until we hit it right!

Archived