Haven Aft Penthouse or 2 bedroom suite???

rocky55

Hi! I am going on the Breakaway this Sunday. I am in a aft suite, but could upgrade to a 2 bedroom if I wanted. (A bunch still available.) I am traveling with my 2 kids and a friend to help me with my son who has special needs.

I am so excited for the big balcony!!! But I was thinking maybe having the extra bedroom, and being right in the Haven would be better. I have never stayed in either of the 2 rooms, so any opinions are greatly appreciated! I have also never stayed in the aft at all. Thank you!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were going back and forth on exactly the same thing. I was thinking of the 2 bedroom mainly for the teen so I don't have to look at him sleeping on the couch in the way until noon every day ( so annoying!) but I really am not sure I want to sacrifice that balcony!

We were going back and forth on exactly the same thing. I was thinking of the 2 bedroom mainly for the teen so I don't have to look at him sleeping on the couch in the way until noon every day ( so annoying!) but I really am not sure I want to sacrifice that balcony!

That would be my issue too!

We had the 2 BR Family suite on the Epic and it was wonderful - except for the balcony space. We have the aft wrap on the Breakaway and I don't think I'd trade that balcony - even for more cabin space. But....it's just the two of us - so that's easy for me to say! :rolleyes:

The 2 bedroom, no question. The SIZE of the balcony becomes way less important when you have access to the Haven. The Haven has lots of outdoor space just steps from your cabin making the balcony size not so important. The 2 bedroom will still have a balcony so you can get that fix. But there is no substitute for having separate space from children and all the mess and crap that they collect.

Edited by Vyhanek

Depends on children. The teen has no mess stats out from noon to 2am. The biggest issue is extra bathroom. With littler kids and definitely with extra stilts, I'd do the 2 bedroom

The Haven aft suite does have 2 full bathrooms. It is listed as 1 1/2 but it is really 2. The second is really small but does have a shower, sink and toilet.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yep, that's his! Honestly the kid is like me social on a cruise. I see him sleeping when I wake up, he gets up and heads to the teen center , comes in for dinner, eats with us ( anxiously awaiting his escape) and strolls on it at 2am. LOL

Sounds about right! 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I declined an up sell to the Deluxe Owners Suite from the AFT Penthouse bc I didn't want to give up the balcony. I used the balcony a lot on that cruise. I took a nap on it every afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by Godiva830

The h4 , in the breakaway class are "meh", so you will have zero wow factor

If you don't mind staring at the sleeping teen, stay with the gorgeous balcony.

Bit I would take the haven simply because I can't stand staring at a sleeping teen!

This way you can toss the kids in BR two and be done with it. It has a full bath, too

Have a great trip!

I would move to

It is a long walk from the Aft Penthouse to the Haven area. Given you have a special needs child, I would definitely upgrade to the 2 BR. The Haven is wonderful and you will enjoy having all that it offers at your fingertips. We were in the Aft PH and it was great but next time we will do a 2 BR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums