Punta Arenas - Solo Expediciones

TrashySue

Has anyone used Solo Expediciones in Punta Arenas for a trip to Magadelana Island? I have e-mailed them several times to get details and have yet to receive a response from them. Just wondering if they are more reliable than they seem to be judging only on quick response times.

Has anyone used Solo Expediciones in Punta Arenas for a trip to Magadelana Island? I have e-mailed them several times to get details and have yet to receive a response from them. Just wondering if they are more reliable than they seem to be judging only on quick response times.

I was planning to book a tour to Isla Magdalena with them but decided not to. The price was acceptable BUT, for some reason, they wanted everyone's name, nationality, and passport number. The latter was unacceptable. They have no need for a passport number. However, they did respond to my inquiry in a timely manner. Not sure why they are not doing that for you.

Bill

I was planning to book a tour to Isla Magdalena with them but decided not to. The price was acceptable BUT, for some reason, they wanted everyone's name, nationality, and passport number. The latter was unacceptable. They have no need for a passport number. However, they did respond to my inquiry in a timely manner. Not sure why they are not doing that for you.

Bill

We encountered that same problem with another tour company in South America. Not really comfortable giving out that info either. Thanks!

Hi Sue,

I called them direct and the woman I spoke to said she did not need all that info--just my name and the number of people. She said I could give the info on the day of the trip when I come to the office. So I am counting on doing that.

Hi Sue,

I called them direct and the woman I spoke to said she did not need all that info--just my name and the number of people. She said I could give the info on the day of the trip when I come to the office. So I am counting on doing that.

Thanks Judy, I think I will do the same!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We used them two years ago and we LOVED that excursion. Probably one of the highlights of the trip.

We had no issue with giving them our cc # and nationality, it is required in some of the countries.

Here is a link to my blog about our day with Solo Expeditions.

http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/2012/02/punta-arenas-chile-february-28.html