Can you upgrade into a promotion?

KyleClark

It's up to the rep doing the upgrade.

They have the power to do it, but won't always allow it.

Sometimes this is based upon how badly they need you to upgrade. In your example, if they have a ton of mini suites they need to fill, and if it's relatively close to sail date, they are more likely to be willing to "deal" with your requests.

If you are asking to upgrade to a cabin likely to sell at its current price anyway, they will likely give you nothing extra.

Other factors, such as your cruise history, also figure into the equation. Sometimes they will let you stack the current promotion onto your upgrade just to keep you happy as a frequent customer. Someone who routinely cruises AND books before final payment date (i.e. not a bargain shopper) is valuable to NCL.

If you try to get the promo and are denied, you can do a few things:

1) Hang up and call back for a different rep and try again

2) Ask for a supervisor and ask them

3) Tell them that you have a friend who they did this for, and you don't understand why they won't do it for you. Tell them that you don't want to name the friend right nw, but you will send proof if absolutely necessary (they won't call your bluff, because they will know you are right).

None of this is guaranteed to work, but will increase your chances. I would try #1 first, and if that fails, ask for a supervisor and do #3 with them at the same time.

Edited by pokerpro5

I tried to today and no luck. I was disappointed because I was actually willing to spend money to move to a better room. I have done this several times on various other cruise lines.

But, it is what it is. This is our first NCL cruise and we are learning about their policies.

Not the end of the world, we saved a few hundred dollars so guess it wasn't meant to be.

I upgraded from bx to mx recently and got the $100 obc and this is way after final pymt

Did you upgrade (free because the price went down) or upsell (pay extra)? Was the obc the promo at the time you took the MX?

Just trying to collect info for my NCL version of The Great and Secret Show: The Diverse Meanderings of a Successful Cruise Line in the 21st Century.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I paid to upgrade a week or so ago during the last Dash sell and they wouldn't give me the OBC that they were offering. I did specifically ask about it, but was told it was for new bookings only. I wish I could have gotten it because it would have made the upgrade free.