Do P&O use the Dreamliner from Manchester?

jaceyar

Hi, we're thinking of booking the Caribbean departing on 3rd Jan 2015 on Ventura. Just wondered if anyone knows which airline they use on that date. Someone departing on 2nd Jan from Man has said they're flying with Thomas Cook. We would prefer the Thomson Dreamliner!

I think there are usually two flights from Manchester, one by Thomson and one by Thomas Cook. Thomson now have six Dreamliners in service with two more still to be delivered so you have a good chance of a Dreamliner flight.

Brian

I think there are usually two flights from Manchester, one by Thomson and one by Thomas Cook. Thomson now have six Dreamliners in service with two more still to be delivered so you have a good chance of a Dreamliner flight.

Brian

I am sure I have read somewhere that Thomson fly on the Friday with TC on the Saturday.

If so I have missed out as we join Azura on a Saturday trek.

There's a thread further down called Azura Caribbean flights which has a link to a website with all flight details (Dreamliner is Boeing 787).

Following your advice, 21st. Feb Thomson flight from Man is not Dreamliner.

Not to worry, cant win them all.

The Being 767 that Thomson use for long haul are configured 2-3-2 with a 33" seat pitch, so apart from very tall people they are quite comfortable (ageing a bit) IMHO it is not worth upgrading to Premium on this aircraft

Cb

I would settle for that.

I have read the sections on in flight entertainment too. Will make a pleasant change from the short and medium haul journeys.

If Thomson are using one of the First Choice planes, they are 2-3-2 and as reported are very comfortable with decent legroom. If, however they use one of their own older planes which are 2-4-2 sadly the same cannot be said for them. We don't need extra legroom being quite short but still find that style of aircraft cramped. I've a feeling they were reconfiguring the seats on those but whether that's been done I wouldn't know. Only two years ago we came back from the Caribbean on such a plane and it wasn't the best experience. To be fair though it was a replacement craft so perhaps they are only used in emergencies.

I wouldnt worry too much about it, economy is economy and the actual aircraft wont make much difference to your flight experience.

Disappointed that I find I am on the earlier flight out of Manchester on the A320.

Thomas Cook operation. Am kind of hoping the refurbishments mentioned in other posts actually are implemented or it will be a miserable 10 hours for me.

Disappointed that I find I am on the earlier flight out of Manchester on the A320.

Thomas Cook operation. Am kind of hoping the refurbishments mentioned in other posts actually are implemented or it will be a miserable 10 hours for me.

Its one of those grin and bear it situations I'm afraid, stock up your ipad with some good movies, kindle full of books, some magazines etc, try get some sleep on the flight after the meal service, eye mask and ear plugs and you'll soon be there.

Its one of those grin and bear it situations I'm afraid, stock up your ipad with some good movies, kindle full of books, some magazines etc, try get some sleep on the flight after the meal service, eye mask and ear plugs and you'll soon be there.

I have to agree. Make yourself as comfortable as possible and think happy thoughts about the wonderful holiday that awaits you.

Mike

Sadly, I am one of the countless number of flyers that try as I might, am able to manage no more than a micro-sleep. A hardship worth tolerating for a fortnight of sunshine.

Plenty of tablets to assist you, if you want to go down that road.

Having a little chuckle to myself here. Possibly not on this occasion.

I shall do as you suggested earlier in as much as load up my other "tablet" and listen to some music and possibly a film or two. I am sure the time travelling there will pass soon enough.