Long Beach Port

dcandme13

OK!!!!!! After alot of what if's and maybe I could do this...LOL.. Here is what we have planned

Option 1) My sis and I have a hotel booked in Palm Springs for the night before the cruise (its a little more then half way at least) my hubby tutors in the evening most days..so we won't be leaving until he gets home since I have to be home with the baby...which would get us to PS around midnight maybe.. Then we will get up early and drive to the port. hoping to arrive like 11am or noon.

Option 2) BUT if for some reason he doesn't have tutoring then I am considering cancelling my hotel in Palm Springs (free cancellation up to 6pm the day of arrival) and springing to drive the whole way the day before (still not being able to leave until maybe 4pm once daddy gets home from work...and surprising my sister by staying at the Queen Mary instead (its her Birthday weekend after all)...even tho we would get in late...its the suprise that counts right?? So my question is...staying at the Queen Mary is about 50 bucks more then the hotel in PS which is fine... but would we get a better rate on the parking since we would be parking in the same terminal for the cruise???

Well I just answered my own question after looking at the pkg its $10 per day for parking instead of $17...so overall I would be spending an extra $44 to stay at QM WITH paking instead of staying in PS...I feel thats a great deal....now if I could just get the hubby to commit to not tutoring that nigh sot I can book it LOL

• 4 months later...
Takes us 7 hours from Phx, somes times longer. Also keep in mind the time of year you are leaving. Due to time changes in CA you could lose or gain an hour. I always leave the night before to avoid the stress of possibly missing the ship. For a 7day cruise the parking is $119.00. We have a hotel, with breakfast, parking for the length of the cruise and shuttle to and from the terminal for $119.00.

Like staying for free.

What is the hotel your are referencing? Thanks.

Yes, I have mapquested the route and it told me to go thru riverside so I plan on that...plus the 91 west is a beautiful drive :)

I have driven the 91 hundreds of times and wouldn't consider it a beautiful drive.

Well when you live in the desert...and you get to drive thru rolling hills I would consider it pretty...

If you consider the 91 a beautiful drive, you should take hwy 1 through Big Sur or the 101 through the redwoods. Those are beautiful drives in California.

If you consider the 91 a beautiful drive, you should take hwy 1 through Big Sur or the 101 through the redwoods. Those are beautiful drives in California.

My mother and I took the 1 (with me driving) from Cambria (after touring Hearst Castle) to Carmel. It is beautiful.

We're now planning a road trip up to northern California and will see the redwoods. Just trying to decide the route now and whether we take my ancient car or rent a bigger car.

I just moved to LA and will be cruising from Long Beach for the first time later this year. Looking into shuttles from Burbank, I'd rather not spend ~$120 round trip. It seems a park 'n cruise hotel in Long Beach will be my best bet, for around that same price.

Are there any recommendations other than Maya for 9 nights of parking (B2B 4 day cruises plus the night prior)?

I just moved to LA and will be cruising from Long Beach for the first time later this year. Looking into shuttles from Burbank, I'd rather not spend ~$120 round trip. It seems a park 'n cruise hotel in Long Beach will be my best bet, for around that same price.

Are there any recommendations other than Maya for 9 nights of parking (B2B 4 day cruises plus the night prior)?

Others on our roll call are staying at the Current, also check out the Queen Mary.

If you're adventurous you could take the trains to Long Beach. Unfortunately the Ventura County Metroline doesn't run on the weekends. During the week it leaves from Bob Hope. If you could get to the Red Line or the Gold Line (metro.net)

Sometimes Mom will park at Union Station ($6/day) and take the trains from there. There are cheaper lots in Long Beach, but mostly they're unattended day lots.

JIC you want directions--

--Red line, starts in North Hollywood, to the 7th St Transit Center to the Blue Line. At the Long Beach Transit Center take the free Passport bus to port.

--Gold line to Union Station. Red or Purple line to the 7th Street Transit Station to the Blue Line. At the Long Beach Transit Center take the free Passport bus to port.

Takes about 2 hours from Union Station but it's very cheap. We've done it many times from San Bernardino and Chatsworth.

A bit convoluted, but check into the Flyaway bus from Van Nuys to LAX ($8p-p one way, parking $4/day). Transfer to a shared van to Long Beach, should be $17 p-p each way.

Uber is $50-60 each way from Burbank.

IIRC, parking @ Carnival is about $19/day.