Book air now for July or wait?

FSU85

We are sailing on the AMACello on July 2nd. Wondering if we should book our flights now or wait for a better fare. We are looking at ATL to AMS on July 1st, and Zurich to ATL July 13th, nonstop both ways. Currently the fare is $1761. Should we buy now or wait? Thanks in advance for any advice.

It is a total crapshoot as to what flights will do. But summer is peak travel season and I personally would not wait and then get stuck with crummy seats and likely higher fares.

I purchased my tickets for July over a month ago. Prices have increased and my seating preference would no longer be available if I had waited.

We booked our flights to AMS for August about 2 months ago. Prices have fluctuated up and down only a couple of dollars prior to booking and since booking. I have read on a variety of forums that on average 6 months out gets the best choice and prices.....however there can be price increases or price decreases so you do play the odds. :eek: It helps to check how many seats are still available on a flight too if you are looking for specific dates and flights.

I totally agree! Go for it soon. That is high travel season. I usually look at 4 to 6 months out but I don't normally travel in August. But for August I would go for 6 months out. Good luck!